Business Development Manager
Are you a self-starter who wants to make a big impact? We want to talk to you. This person will strategically evaluate our market opportunities, identify high priority partners, start a conversation anyway possible, and take a partnership deal from concept to signature. Someone remarkably smart and motivated will love this role. We have a team of fun interesting people and are looking for you to help accelerate our already healthy growth.
- Maintain a pipeline of new strategic integration partners.
- Analyze Avalara’s key markets to identify target integration partners.
- Develop a professional working relationship with a partner prospect’s decision makers.
- Build business cases and complete market sizing models to sell partners on integrating Avalara products.
- Articulate the value of Avalara products and services in a compelling manner to partners in various industries and to various external audiences.
- Work with a cross functional team made up of Business Development, Sales, Product Marketing, and Operations to ensure maximum revenue potential.
- Project a professional image in all communications.
- Develop subject matter expertise on Avalara products and industry best practices to provide actionable recommendations to partners during contract negotiation and product integration.
- Occasional travel to meet with partners and to other Avalara offices.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent career experience.
- Consistent track record of achieving performance goals including quotas, revenue targets or other key performance indicators.
- Ten or more years of business development, sales, customer or partner management, consulting or related experience.
- “Executive presence” on the phone and in person.
- Fervent attention to detail; you are the kind of person that pays attention to the small stuff.
- Skill in negotiating contracts and comfort discussing legal documents and terminology.
- Experience with spreadsheets and presenting business cases in clear and compelling ways.
- Familiar with SaaS company metrics is a plus.
- Familiar with accounting processes and transactional tax is a plus.
- Familiar with invoicing related software (for example: ERP or ecommerce) is a plus.
- Comfort with code, math, and equations is a plus.
- Aptitude towards automating processes is a plus.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.