The Backfiling Services Specialist is responsible for participating in past due sales and use tax return preparation, customer communications, and jurisdictional outreach.
- Sales and Use Tax Return Preparation
- SalesForce Case Management
- Customer Engagement Process
- Historical Data Processing
- Prior Period Return Preparation
- Treasury Funding
- Penalty & Interest (P&I) Abatement Requests
- Customer Communications
- A Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to learn new applications and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Experience with multistate sales and use tax return preparation highly desired but not required
- Experience with high-volume processing
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.