SDET - Tools and Automation
In this role, you will be responsible for building test tools and infrastructure used by multiple teams to ensure world class quality of Avalara products. You will be working closely with developer and SDET teams on a day to day basis. You will be contributing to five nine’s reliability and ease of use.
- Responsible for building test infrastructure and tools on AWS
- Work closely with Developer and SDET teams gather requirements
- Design and build tools for continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Design and build tools for performance and load testing and generate reports
- Be a key participant in creating a Quality First and Zero Defects culture.
- Work closely with the Operations team to come up with plans for deployment and provide all the support needed for uptime
- Work with other members of the team to create code coverage reports
Qualifications (absolute must haves walking in the door)
- A minimum of 5 years related work experience designing and creating tools and frameworks
- Strong coding skills with experience in object oriented languages such as C# or Java
- Experience working on RESTful web services
- Experience using Github and Jenkins (or similar)
- A strong background with SQL (or similar or no-SQL)
- A strong background with building CI\CD pipeline using AWS (Docker, Kubernetes)
- A strong background with Jenkins (or similar)
- Experience with Terraform (or similar) is a plus
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.