Search Engine Marketing Specialist
You will focus on meeting and exceeding growth goals through ongoing optimization of the Avalara’s SEM initiatives, globally. You are a PPC expert, adept at quickly gaining actionable insights from performance data and tests, and turning learnings into action. This role will partner with internal teams to execute go-to-market paid search strategies across global business units and products. This position is based in Seattle and reports to the Senior Manager of Digital Marketing.
- Execute building, testing and optimizing Google Adwords and Bing Ads campaigns
- Identify keyword performance trends and insights at a large scale using real-time performance data
- Create, update, and maintain regular reporting and share with internal teams
- Work cross functionally to ideate creative advertising campaigns & messaging tests
- Collaborate and assist in developing international SEM strategy
- Manage relationships with search engine representatives and take advantage of new beta offerings and tools
- Provide competitive keyword analysis across business units
- 3-5 years experience directly managing SEM, preferably with or on behalf of B2B-focused or SaaS organization
- Google Adwords and Bings Ads certification required
- Proficiency in Salesforce and Adobe Media Optimizer
- Experience optimizing to large budgets and meeting/exceeding monthly goals for spend, revenue, customer acquisition, and other key performance metrics
- Exceptional analytical skills, including data manipulation and financial analysis
- Expert-level experience in MS Excel and in conducting and discerning actionable insights from A/B and multivariate testing
- Outstanding communication, project management and collaboration skills with the ability to work with both technical and business teams
- Ability to work independently/efficiently and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- BA/BS in marketing, finance or a related field
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.