Senior Product Manager
Senior Product Manager Job Description
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead the CertCapture product line. CertCapture is the industry leading SaaS solution for managing exemption certificates and other sales tax compliance documents. This role will collaborate across product teams and define and implement an Avalara wide strategy for how we deliver services to businesses of all sizes that provide new and quantifiable value for our customers.
You’ll combine passion for product management with knowledge and expertise for designing highly scalable, easy to use, secure and open systems for global use that directly correlate to end user needs and challenges.
- Ability to extract needs and opportunities and translate into system requirements and roadmaps
- Can normalize requirements from customers and internal subject matter experts, and develop quantified product strategies and priorities.
- Have a deep understanding of how data can be used to drive actionable, relevant services in a SaaS environment
- Ability to work in a dynamic and cross-functional environment with internal stakeholders and external users, while managing multiple projects and responsibilities
- Has high level of ownership that keeps others engaged before, during and after launch and continually evolves and advances our capabilities
- Have the ability to clearly and effectively communicate and be a great partner with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders
This role has responsibility for delivering solutions and services that enable customers to efficiently manage their sales tax exemption needs. In particular you will:
- define, collect and distill requirements from various sources to prioritize your roadmap
- work with engineering team to drive alignment on priorities
- work with our UX team to model and design next generation systems
- work cross product teams to build connections and integration points
- evangelize the value of our services
- track and quantify the results
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years relevant work experience
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.