Director, Corporate M&A
At Automation Anywhere, we are passionate in our belief that Software Bots can free people to create, think, discover, and ultimately build great companies. With our Digital Workforce platform, we are contributing to build a Digital Workforce, 3M strong, by 2020.
We have dedicated the last decade to driving the adoption of Robotic Process Automation technology in leading Financial Services, BPO, Healthcare, Technology, and Insurance companies to name a few, across more than 90 countries. We are taking the lead to define the category and create the blueprint to make it successful. This clearly is a once in a lifetime opportunity to make a difference and change the world.
As the Director, Corporate M&A reporting to the Chief Corporate Development Officer you will work collaboratively across many functions (including Engineering, Products, Marketing, Legal, Finance and HR, and the executive team) to identify, evaluate, and negotiate various acquisition types from acqui-hires to distribution deals to product-oriented transactions.
You are a very hands-on individual performing most of the acquisition preparation work based upon the company’s inorganic strategy. Therefore, you will need to have a solid understanding of the industry landscape and regional nuances, as well as harness supporting the negotiation of our deals.
A strong focus will be regarding pre-negotiation M&A operating system creation initiatives, in-process diligence methods and systems, and post-close acquisition integration planning and execution management. With an air of humility, you bring strategic thinking, strong quantitative skills and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think about what is - and what could be.
- Lead small, medium and complex M&A projects. Be an expert in all aspects of M&A and other strategic deals, including sourcing, evaluation, negotiation, execution and integrations.
- Assist in inorganic growth strategy discussions and execute based upon the corporate and inorganic strategy, augment such strategies collaboratively with the executive team, and explore deals that will augment Automation Any where’s product roadmap.
- Collaborate in the negotiation of the M&A deals with composure, objectivity, ability to balance diplomacy internally/externally, working with extreme focus on results as well as respect for all parties.
- Demonstrate courage and communication skills in a data-driven manner to recommend or not recommend a given deal based upon sound strategic, operating, and valuation-based metrics.
- Develop strong relationships across Automation Anywhere including executives, and functional leaders to individual contributor experts, while being a trusted advisor through expertise and effectiveness.
- Maintain and develop strong relationships in the technology ecosystem from entrepreneurs to medium sized companies, VC and bankers in order to source, evaluate, and build our deal pipeline.
- Contribute to the pillars of the corporate vision, strategy and direction of Automation Anywhere.
- Be a very hands-on contributor not only to the M&A process of corporate Development, but to any and all initiatives in Corporate & Business Development team; contribute to processes, tools and best practices and training.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience in business/finance/economics.
- 5 - 10 years’ experience in corporate development, venture capital, private equity, investment banking and preferably in product management in the technology industry.
- Direct involvement in buy-side M&A including the creation from scratch all market research, financial and valuation analysis, presentation material creation, due diligence, and integration planning as well as execution.
- Analytical experience; both quantitative and qualitative.
- Desire to be in a hands-on, roll up your sleeves "working" Director role preparing and completing the work yourself, not delegating to a team.
- Technical and/or business/finance /economics undergraduate degree, with master’s degree of equivalent work experience.
Deep industry experience in software products and ecosystems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including with C-level executives and at industry events.
- Multiple deep relationships in the technology and community.
All unsolicited resumes submitted to any @automationanywhere.com email address, whether submitted by an individual or by an agency, will not be eligible for an agency fee.