Sales and Operations Planning Analyst
Sales & Operations Planning Analyst
Are you obsessed with customer focus and meeting the end user’s needs? Do you have an entrepreneurial drive? Do you refuse to let obstacles get in the way of achieving results?
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We expect these team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the end user. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
What will you do? The S&OP Analyst is responsible for ensuring coordination and release of components required to meet production schedules and customer requirements while developing procedures and systems to optimize, ensure availability and achieve appropriate inventory levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Support internal customer needs by managing the entire order to remittance cycle for assigned components. Maintain and provide configuration control for bills of material and component masters.
• Develop and execute inventory and material strategies including but not limited to order policies, inventory programs, plan for every part and facility material flow plans. Evaluate and assess process controls and identify root cause corrective actions. Evaluate receiving errors and cycle count errors.
• Work problems through engineering, quality, materials, and facility operations as necessary to support customer needs. Develop and maintain good customer relationships. Provide prime interface point for external customers, communicate product output commitments and schedule issues.
• Maintains shortage report and identifies improvement opportunities and executes on the plan. Inputs part orders on discreet purchase orders, maintains accuracy of discreet purchase orders as changes are made in the production schedule. Maintains error report, action messages, and emails daily. Verifies changes in material and schedules accordingly. Expedite shortages and other parts as needed.
• Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Operations or Supply Chain Management or Industrial Engineering degrees preferred or 5-7 years of materials inventory planning experience with an APICS certification.
- APICS Certification preferred
- 1-2 years experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in materials planning using a Materials Resource Planning (MRP) system
- Confidence using MS Office programs and applications
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented
- Strong multitasking skills
- Able to read and understand basic engineering drawings
- Must be able to build strong relationships yet be assertive enough to ensure quality
Where will you work? The Sales & Operations Coordinator role will be based in Birmingham, AL.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, variable incentive and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, retirement/401K plans, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume