Sales Application Specialist
Sales Application Specialist Job Posting
As a Sales Application Specialist you will be responsible for facilitating the translation of customer’s needs gathered by the outside sales team into the tool we will create to meet those needs through working with engineering, production, and supply chain. You will be part of a team of other application specialists to provide a single point of contact between our outside sales team and production facilities. You will also work closely with our engineering teams to assure all quotes and orders are accurately configured and scheduled. This position requires not only technical truck knowledge, but also data management skills as you will work to maintain and validate the accuracy of data across multiple applications.
- Reviews quotes and orders across multiple truck platforms for physical component compatibilities, supplier criteria, and federal requirements prior to a financial analysis.
- Work with outside sales, customers, engineering, supply chain, and production to manage changing sales options.
- Work with scheduling and engineering to meet deadlines on new and revised truck order scheudling
- Manage CRM database, consolidate data, delete obsolete data, and validate new data.
- Responsible for Truck Configurator tool – correct, add, and update rules and data tables to ensure the tool is as efficient and accurate as possible.
- Approve and processes customer and Engineering requested order changes.
- Provide technical advice and sales assistance and to dealers and Regional Sales Managers.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; or two years related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Engineering background in heavy duty trucking preferred.
Experience, Knowledge and Abilities:
General truck application knowledge – Technical/ truck engineering background a plus
Must be detail oriented and have the ability to juggle competing priorities
Autocar Applications (Team Center Engineering- IMAN, QAD, ADNET, Sharepoint, Zoho)
Must have the ability to apply technical knowledge to practical truck use situations
Must be able to work well with others in a variety of situations
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume