Do you want to be an A/P A/R Accountant at Autocar?
Who are we? Autocar is the only American truck manufacturer focused on trucks for severe-duty vocational applications. But above all, Autocar is focused on our customers: Our truck helps our customers to be more successful and to achieve their challenging objectives. Autocar’s hundreds of customers include every national waste-hauling fleet, major cities such as Chicago, Los Angeles, Houston, Miami, and Charlotte, and many of the largest retailers and freight handlers in North America. As the industry's technology and innovation leader, Autocar has forged strong partnerships with the leading suppliers in the business, including, Allison, Cummins, ArvinMeritor, Hendrickson among others, and has delivered more natural gas vehicles than all of our competitors combined.
Autocar is the oldest motor vehicle manufacturer in the United States and built America's first truck, in 1899. A proudly American-owned company, Autocar is headquartered in Hagerstown, Indiana and is affiliated with GVW Group, based in Highland Park, Illinois.
What will you do? The General Accountant for Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable (A/P and A/R) will report to the Senior Accountant at Autocar and be responsible for assisting in the managing of the daily operation of the Company’s accounting function including systems, policies and practices.
- Process and post all customer invoices, miscellaneous cash receipt transactions and notify customers and/or financial institutions via fax or email of units to be funded for payment and prepare Automated Clearing House (ACH) files for direct payment draws
- Prepare daily cash flow worksheet and log daily bank transactions
- Assist in daily banking operations including completing bank reporting
- Process and post vendor invoices, employee expense reports, purchase requisitions and internal check requests for multiple locations and entities
- Resolve invoice, receiving and statement discrepancies with suppliers by working across functional areas within company
- Prepare weekly supplier payments schedule for multiple entities based on system inputs and supplier communication
- Assist with all external audit activity including all planning, preparation and data gathering
- Proactively interact with various departments throughout the organization to provide information necessary to assist in their decision making, improve profitability and maintain proper accounting procedures
- Perform additional duties and assist with other projects upon request from management
What are the requirements?
- Three plus years of general accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- A thorough working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service with both internal and external customers
- Strong analytical skills
- Detail oriented, accurate and organized
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Responsible and trustworthy when handling confidential information
- Self-starter with a proactive work style
Where will you work? This position will be based in Birmingham, AL.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, retirement/401K plans, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume