Senior Cycle Counter
Senior cycle counter
Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Can you do 2 or 3 jobs instead of only one? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
At Autocar, we fight for the customer’s needs. We are disrupting the industry by putting the customers’ needs first. Every truck we make is custom-engineered, and custom-made, specifically for that customer—no “one size fits all” here. Because we engineer tools differently, we deliver trucks faster than the competition, and they WORK. The truck has more uptime, is more comfortable for the driver, and is safer—40% fewer crashes with injury than the industry average.* For the life of the truck, we have around-the-clock support.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our trucks.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Cycle Counter role is inventory cycle counting, tracking and monitoring inventory within the facility and the coaching and mentoring of junior level cycle counters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall dedication to completing the daily tasks required, both directed and implied
- Manage the performance of the assigned Assembly Team Members
- Work with other Assemblers to produce a high quality product, assist in directing workload, and will discuss ideas for efficient operation with the entire team.
- Must be able to analyze reports; specifically, around UPH (Units Per Hour) and other throughput metrics
- Lead and develop the assembly team by demonstrating the various components of assembling products.
- Directly supervise a minimum of 10 hourly Team Members.
- Working under the direction of a Production Coordinator, the Team Leaders will work to support operations in a responsible and efficient manner on assigned tasks.
- You will be the department go-to person on assembly competence
- Follow written or oral instructions regarding daily tasks and job duties.
- Follow all safety procedures and policies
Senior Cycle Counter
Senior Cycle Counter position is crucial to maintaining Autocar inventory accuracy by processing scheduled cycle counts, monitoring inventory transactions, researching variances, and working cross functionally to resolve inventory discrepancies. This position requires a strong reliance on accuracy, control, monitoring and coordination in order to confirm inventory and investigate count discrepancies. This person may also assist with shipping and receiving as directed by supervisor.
- Senior Cycle Counter is responsible for training and coaching junior level cycle counters on Autocar’s processes and procedures and on cycle counting best practices to ensure accurate counts and to reduce inventory discrepancies.
- Cycle Counting – The Senior Cycle Counter is responsible for conducting Autocar system generated cycle counts (“next count”), conducting control counts, and managing and prioritizing ad hoc cycle count requests from the operations staff including opening cartons, bundles, and other containers to count items to determine quantity on hand. Tasks associated with all cycle counts include counting parts, entering data into QAD, identifying variances, working cross functionally to research and document root causes, and facilitating discussions focused on eliminating reoccurring root causes.
- In process of cycle counting, the Senior Cycle Counter is to identify any damaged parts, document, systematically record the transaction, and notify management per documented procedures,
- In process of cycle counting, the Senior Cycle Counter is to identify and notify out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate replenishment.
- The Senior Cycle Counter will be responsible for detailed documentation of cycle counts and able to present findings in weekly cycle count meetings. The Senior Cycle Counter must be able to utilize various warehouse equipment, including but not limited to forklifts.
- The Senior Cycle Counter will comply with all company-established procedures while performing cycle counting activities, coaching other junior cycle counters and performing other related duties.
- Ad Hoc Analysis and Reporting – Other inventory accuracy related tasks may be assigned by the Warehouse Manager as needed to ensure inventory accuracy such as monitoring negative on hand inventory, monitoring zero cost items and other duties as assigned. The Senior Cycle Counter will be required to compute and communicate complex resolutions related to correcting inaccurate inventory, which may include incorrect costs, incorrect inventory transfers or incorrect reclassification transactions.
- The Senior Cycle Counter will document cycle counting trends and opportunities for improvement and make proposal to management for review and dispositioning
- 4 year college degree required in Manufacturing, Supply Chain, or Business
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 2 years of cycle counting experience required
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience using an ERP system, QAD is preferred
- Minimum 1 year of previous Microsoft Office experience
- Forklift Certification required
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong working relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superior knowledge of math
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to file reports accurately.
- Must be a self-starter and a good decision maker
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Constant bending, stooping, lifting, walking and standing. Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Maintain good housekeeping in work area.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Ability to operate or train to operate a forklift
- English language skills: Able to read, write, speak and comprehend English. Ability to communicate cycle count findings to those responsible for inventory.
- Math skills: Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Able to work with fractions and percentages.
- Physical Demands: Able to stand / walk for 10 hours a day. Lift up to 50 lbs. Operate in a high noise level environment for extended periods of time.
- Work environment: Warehouse is hot and humid in summer months, cold in winter months.
- Familiarity with or ability to quickly learn QAD Inventory System.
What does it take to be a part of our team?
- CHARACTER: We look for people with integrity, honesty, loyalty, humility, and who do not engage in internal politics.
- PROACTIVE: You are a doer, self-made and have led big changes.
- RESULTS DRIVEN: You are a “finisher”, get things done, and like to win.
- ENTERPRISING: You think outside the box, can work in agile, unstructured environments and don’t reinvent the wheel.
- GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE: You have a global view resulting from work with sophisticated international companies.
- SENSE OF URGENCY: You act with the realization that efficiency is vital to success.
- HIGHLY COLLABORATIVE: Collaboration is the fuel of our business, whether it is between employees, partners or customers. You are a driving force for continued efficiency among everyday tasks and a necessity for improving the outcomes of business activities.
Where will you work? The Senior Cycle Counter will be based in Birmingham, Alabama.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume