Senior Commodity Buyer
Do you want to be Autocar’s Senior commodity buyer?
Are you obsessed with customer focus and meeting the end user’s needs? Do you feel stifled by bureaucracy? Have an entrepreneurial drive? Do you refuse to let obstacles get in the way of achieving results?
As a Senior Commodity Buyer, you will be part of a diverse supply chain team responsible for creating and implementing sourcing strategies for all components used in Autocar trucks. This requires a team of strong purchasing professionals focused on building positive relationships with both internal and external customers. You will execute a plan that focuses on obtaining competitive pricing while researching and executing cost reduction strategies. You will lead strategic projects for selected components and support your team and others to build a foundation with key suppliers on a commodity consolidation level. You will need to multi-task well and effectively communicate to ensure the team meets financial goals. You will build relationships in all areas of the business including sales, operations, and engineering.
What Does it Take to Be Part of Our Team?
You’ll Achieve These Key Outcomes:
- Manage all commercial activities with suppliers
- Understands and directs commodity management.
- Understand commodity part manufacturing and component cost element driver, and cost structure.
- Cross function activities with manufacturing, logistics, engineering, and supplier quality to meet cost targets and program deliverables
- Lead the supplier selection process; sources and negotiates with potential suppliers, requests RFI, RFQ, RFP evaluates and analyzes results and provide sourcing documentation and recommendations to leadership in conformance with company standards.
- Sources “best value” landed cost products through domestic, international, and LCC suppliers.
- Support Supplier Quality on PPAP process
- Maintains purchasing document
- Perform daily procurement activities related to prototype, development and production orders, logistics, quality and financial flows to the suppliers
- Develop, negotiate, and implement commodity strategies resulting in improved Supplier performance, enhanced product quality, innovative technology, and maximum value
- Drive negotiations and Supply agreements with suppliers within your segment strategy
- Contribute to techno-commercial roadmaps and be an active member in the Autocar LLC Buyer network
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on Quality, Delivery, Cost, Project management and Risk mitigation towards new and existing products
- Monitor, identify, and mitigate risks in cooperation with the Supplier Development team and Engineering team
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
You’ll Demonstrate These Competencies for Success:
- Strategic thinking that analyzes and understands the organization’s competitive position both internally and externally.
- Focused yet flexible to support and lead changes that improve effectiveness
- Engaging with a logical ability to inspire support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- Analytical excellence with ability to solve problems with a systematic, sequential approach
- Process driven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
- Integrity to do what is right, not politically expedient
- Apply your skills and knowledge to the commodity team in support of developing outstanding and viable relationships
Your Background Includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, or related field is preferred.
- Experience in Automotive or Commercial Vehicle supply chain preferred
- 4 years of Purchasing experience.
- Proven supplier negotiation skills
- Experience in the automotive / commercial vehicle industry
- Well-developed business acumen, agile in way of working
- Desire to work in a collaborative team towards a common purpose
- Experience in leading supply chain with high complexity environments
- Working knowledge of sourcing process, systems, tools, and methods
- You may have Supply Chain Certification (APICS, CPIM, CSCM)
- You enjoy translating and integrating systems to interpret data analytics and facilitate effective communications with key stakeholders
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel required
- You thrive under the challenge to deliver custom solutions for your customers on time, every time - even when customer requirements change
Where will you work?
This role is located at Autocar®, LLC, in Birmingham, Alabama or Hagerstown, Indiana
***This role is not remote***
What do we offer in benefits?
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.
At Autocar, we are transforming the vocational truck industry, providing the highest quality, safest, and most advanced technology in the severe-duty class 8 vocational truck segment. Every truck we make is custom-engineered, and custom built to the customer’s specifications.
We are a privately US owned and operated company that expects our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the end user. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our trucks.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume