Do you want to be A Production Supervisor?
At Autocar, we deliver tools that transform the work of the people that use them, by putting our customers first.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm in arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving our business and the lives of the people who use our tools.
You will develop and guide the manufacturing team with full accountability regarding their performance on all aspects of safety, productivity, quality and cost for a multi-station operation. You will be responsible for ensuring production functions at peak efficiency with proper communications and interfaces. You will lead across stations and departments, interacting daily with the other operations leaders in order to achieve value stream goals. You will oversee, identify and manage customer quality issues and collaborate with internal teams on root cause analysis.
What Does it Take to Be Part of Our Team?
You’ll Achieve These Key Outcomes:
• Maintain a positive work environment and ensure compliance with safety standards and established policies and procedures by directing, training, and supervising the activities of employees engaged in the assembly process.
• Develop a culture of individual quality ownership, a sense of responsibility, self-discipline within each team member, through open communication, team participation and employee empowerment.
• Maintain a Continuous Improvement mindset within his/her area of responsibility by understanding and fostering continuous improvement in Quality, Throughput, Methods, and Housekeeping.
You’ll Demonstrate These Competencies for Success:
• Strong problem-solving skills; able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
• The ability to gather and analyze information efficiently
• The drive to continuously build knowledge and skills and to share expertise with others
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• The capability to create concise reports utilizing Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• The ability to effectively manage a team of 10-20 people
• Process driven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
• Honest to do what is right, not politically expedient
Your Background Includes:
- Minimum 8 years of experience in manufacturing, operations, or engineering in a leadership role
LEAN, process-minded people leaders with experience in a complex manufacturing environment
- Experience supporting manufacturing Planning Analysis (Capacity and Capability Planning) for short- and long-range planning needs
- Demonstrated successful application of Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Just-In-Time, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, Five S, Visual Management, Total Productive Maintenance, Continuous Improvement Process, Kaizen, SPC, Six Sigma and Communication Tools, Statistical Problem Solving
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts with a proven track record of lean or six sigma project implementations
- Experience with unit hour performance, cost account management or other budgetary responsibility
- BS/BA in Engineering; preferably manufacturing engineering, mechanical engineering technology, or a BS in Operations/Manufacturing
Where will you work?
This role is in our Autocar®, LLC, headquarters office in Hagerstown, Indiana.
What do we offer in benefits?
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.
At Autocar, we are transforming the vocational truck industry, providing the highest quality, safest, and most advanced technology in the severe-duty class 8 vocational truck segment. Every truck we make is custom-engineered, and custom built to the customer’s specifications.
We are a privately US owned and operated company that expects our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the end user. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our trucks.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume