Associate to the President
Do you want to be the Associate to the President at Autocar?
Are you obsessed with customer focus and meeting the end user’s needs? Do you feel stifled by bureaucracy? Have an entrepreneurial drive? Do you refuse to let obstacles get in the way of achieving results?
At Autocar, we fight for the driver’s needs. We are disrupting the industry by putting the driver’s needs first. Every truck we make is custom-engineered, and custom-made, specifically for that customer—no mass production here. Because we engineer trucks differently, we deliver trucks faster than the competition, and they WORK. The truck has more up-time, is more comfortable for the driver, and is safer—40% fewer crashes with injury than the industry average.* For the life of the truck, we have around the clock support.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the end user. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our trucks.
- Work with Autocar’s President and senior leadership team to design, develop and implement business processes to support Autocar’s strategy and goals
- Support the President with project execution as assigned to continue to grow existing business, conquest new business, and streamline
- Analyze industry trends, competitive threats and market growth opportunities and organize results for presentation internally and externally
- Work cross-functionally to communicate priorities and align focus
- Own projects from inception through completion
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years’ experience in strategy consulting from a leading strategy consulting firm, a boutique advisory firm, or equivalent investment banking experience.
- 3+ years of experience in business process analysis in a large-scale environment, or business unit experience that includes working closely with cross-functional organizational end-to-end processes in the development and implementation of improvement efforts.
- 3+ years’ of demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership, with strong abilities in relationship management, gained experience in managing resources to meet goals across multiple projects, gained experience in leading multidiscipline, high-performance work teams/groups, and/or demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
- 3+ years’ experience managing complex projects independently that cross multiple business units, divisions or functions and delivering business outcomes including business and competitive intelligence, market and financial analysis, customer acquisition, industry research, product innovation and corporate development activity
- Strong problem-solving and analysis skills, combing with solid understanding of business strategies and value drivers
What does it take to successfully undertake this role?
Self-starter and fast learner, comfortable with ambiguity and independent work
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
Enthusiasm and tenacity to drive independent projects to completion
Attention to detail and ability to thoughtfully organize data
Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Ability to focus and prioritize projects and tasks
Where will you work? This role is located at Autocar®, LLC, in Birmingham, Alabama.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume