Wiring Harness Technician
Are you a skilled Wiring Harness Technician?
At Autocar, we deliver tools that transform the work of the people that use them, by putting our customers first.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm in arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving our business and the lives of the people who use our tools.
This position will be responsible to assist in increasing throughput in the harness shop in Hagerstown as well as assist the production line with electrical troubleshooting on trucks off the line. This position will add immediate value to the organization.
What Does it Take to Be Part of Our Team?
You’ll Achieve These Key Outcomes:
• Manufacture vehicle wiring harnesses of varying complexity
• Quality check harnesses and manufacturing equipment
• Validation and fitment of prototype harnesses
• Troubleshooting and repair of vehicle electrical issues on production units
• Inventory control of harness materials
You’ll Demonstrate These Competencies for Success:
• The drive to continuously build knowledge and skills and to share expertise with others
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Process driven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
• Honest to do what is right, not politically expedient
Your Background Includes:
• GED or Higher, College preferred
• 1-year experience with vehicle electrical systems or wiring harness manufacturing. (Strongly prefer 3 years of experience)
• Electrical troubleshooting and repair experience in automotive desired
• Candidate should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
Where will you work?
This role is in our Autocar®, LLC, headquarters office in Hagerstown, Indiana.
What do we offer in benefits?
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.
At Autocar, we are transforming the vocational truck industry, providing the highest quality, safest, and most advanced technology in the severe-duty class 8 vocational truck segment. Every truck we make is custom-engineered, and custom built to the customer’s specifications.
We are a privately US owned and operated company that expects our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the end user. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our trucks.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume