Senior Warehouse Manager
Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Can you do 2 or 3 jobs instead of only one? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
At Autocar, we fight for the customer’s needs. We are disrupting the industry by putting the customers’ needs first. Every truck we make is custom-engineered, and custom-made, specifically for that customer—no “one size fits all” here. Because we engineer tools differently, we deliver trucks faster than the competition, and they WORK. The truck has more uptime, is more comfortable for the driver, and is safer—40% fewer crashes with injury than the industry average.* For the life of the truck, we have around-the-clock support.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our trucks.
What will you do?
The Senior Warehouse Manager coordinates the receiving, shipping, and material handling responsibilities in the Autocar warehouse, constantly improving warehouse layout, material flow in order to best support operations and production. Inventory Accuracy is the paramount and you will ensure through your cycle counting team and appropriate measures to maintain the highest level. You will work with material planners to ensure that at all times adequate stocking levels are maintained. You will be responsible for managing and developing your team. You report to the Vice President of Logistics.
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing warehouse operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepares and completes action plans; implements production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolves problems; completes audits; identifies trends
- Meets financial/budget objectives by forecasting requirements; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Develops warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements
- develops, implements, enforces, and evaluates optimal operational policies and procedures; develops processes for receiving product, inventory management, location control and material delivery
- analyzes process work flow, labor and space requirements and equipment layout
- Develops and implements warehouse operations system improvements by leading continuous improvement projects as assigned, analyzes process work flow, labor and space requirements, and equipment layout
- Troubleshoots all receiving, issuing/kitting to/from production, vendor returns and shipping complaints to find the root cause, help resolve the issue, and prevent reoccurrence
- Maintains security standards, safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Introduces new technology to improve transactional/inventory accuracy of 98+%
- Accomplishes warehouse human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
What does it take to be a part of our team?
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics or Operations required
- A minimum of 8 years of Warehouse Management and Logistics experience
- Knowledge and understanding of continuous improvement by utilizing Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen training.
- Experience supporting manufacturing facilities more than 300,000 square feet
- Demonstrated front-line supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to make decisions with minimal supervision, goal setting, delegation, coaching, and motivating
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings and/or occasional weekends
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills
- General understanding of warehouse management best practices
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- High computer literacy and with confidence and skill working with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint) and warehouse management software
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and presentation skills
Where will you work? The Warehouse Director will be based in Birmingham, Alabama.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume