Group Leader, Prototype
- Manage a team of 2 to 3 prototype technicians.
- Assemble prototype, engineering and validation heavy duty trucks. This includes assembling truck frames, powertrains, suspensions, axles, air systems, electrical systems etc and related activities to assemble a heavy duty truck from the ground up from primarily outsourced components.
- Interpret prints and CAD data.
- Light fabrication to support prototype builds may be required.
- Hands-on trouble shooting and problem solving of heavy duty truck mechanical & electrical systems including employing diagnostic tools.
- Provide feedback to design engineers related to Bill Of Material, installation, validation, accessibility and maintainability issues.
- Receive and manage inventory of prototype parts
- Support setting up and maintaining prototype shop infrastructure and facilities.
- Support test equipment installation.
- Build simple test fixtures and tools.
- Support in-house or field testing.
- Perform simple electrical assembly (i.e. wiring, connectors)Light
- Maintains a safe working environment through good housekeeping practices and adherence to safe work practices
- Periodic travel may be required to address issues at customer’s locations or support test and evaluation activities.
- Other duties may be assigned
1. ASE Certified mechanic with at least 10 years experience required.
2. Heavy duty truck experience required.
3. Fabrication experience desirable.
4. Experience with riveting equipment (such as Huck) desirable.
5. Experience with operating cranes and forklifts desirable.
6. Certification to drive heavy duty trucks desirable.
7. Forklift experience & certification desirable
8. Computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
1. Fast paced environment
2. Quick decision making.
3. Balancing competing priorities.
4. Working under pressure.
5. Wearing multiple hats.
6. A level of physical exertion commensurate with activities in truck prototyping environment
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume