Do you want to be an
Operations Manager at Autocar?
Are you obsessed with customer focus and meeting the end user’s needs? Do you feel stifled by bureaucracy? Have an entrepreneurial drive? Do you refuse to let obstacles get in the way of achieving results?
At Autocar, we fight for the driver’s needs. We are disrupting the industry by putting the driver’s needs first. Every truck we make is custom-engineered, and custom-made, specifically for that customer—no mass production here. Because we engineer trucks differently, we deliver trucks faster than the competition, and they WORK. The truck has more up-time, is more comfortable for the driver, and is safer—40% fewer crashes with injury than the industry average.* For the life of the truck, we have around the clock support.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the end user. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our trucks.
What will you do? Our Operations Managers are vital leaders on our production floor. You will be responsible for ensuring production functions at peak efficiency with proper communications and interfaces. You will develop and guide the manufacturing team with full accountability regarding their performance on all aspects of safety, productivity, quality and cost for a multi-station operation. You will lead across stations and departments, interacting daily with the other Operations Managers in order to achieve value stream goals. You will oversee, identify and manage customer quality issues and collaborate with internal teams on root cause analysis. Track key value stream performance indicators that drive change and provide visibility to the manufacturing and leadership teams. Monitor routinely with active data analysis to target and drive results.
What does it take to successfully undertake this role?
- Minimum 8 years of experience in manufacturing, operations, or engineering in a leadership role
- LEAN, process-minded people leaders with experience in a complex manufacturing environment
- Experience supporting manufacturing Planning Analysis (Capacity and Capability Planning) for short and long range planning needs
- Demonstrated successful application of Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Just-In-Time, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, Five S, Visual Management, Total Productive Maintenance, Continuous Improvement Process, Kaizen, SPC, Six Sigma and Communication Tools, Statistical Problem Solving, and QS9000
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts with a proven track record of lean or six sigma project implementation
- Experience with unit hour performance, cost account management or other budgetary responsibility
- BS/BA in Engineering; preferably manufacturing engineering, mechanical engineering technology, or a BS in Operations/Manufacturing
Where will you work? Birmingham, Alabama.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume