Operation Manager: Manufacturing
- Be a vital leader on the production floor.
- Lead across stations and departments, interacting daily with the other Operations Managers in order to achieve value stream goals.
- Oversee, identify and manage customer quality issues and collaborate with internal teams on root cause analysis.
- Ensure production functions at peak efficiency with proper communications and interfaces.
- Develop and guide the manufacturing team with full accountability regarding their performance on all aspects of safety, productivity, quality and cost for a multi-station operation.
- Track key value stream performance indicators that drive change and provide visibility to the manufacturing and leadership teams.
- Monitor routinely with active data analysis to target and drive results.
- Handle multiple projects. Perform any and all required coordination with other operations to ensure that schedules are met, quality is maintained, and manufacturing costs are minimized.
- Investigate process and manufacturing problems during fabrication, test, and assembly operations and initiate corrective actions.
- Design a variety of tools, jigs and fixtures that will assist in increasing production efficiency.
- Conduct failure analyses as required, performs root cause analysis, and initiate appropriate corrective action to prevent recurrence of failures.
- Recommend reductions in production cost by undertaking make/buy, value engineering studies. Improve and streamline processes by eliminating waste and implementing cost saving ideas.
- Review engineering designs for manufacturing feasibility and recommend design changes that will enhance production, eliminating variation.
- Support design development concepts and builds for new product introductions.
- Ensure a safe work environment by building safety into work instructions, and monitoring accident investigation and other safety-related activities in the work area.
- Cross-functional collaborator and communicator
- Analytical excellence, with ability to see problems well in advance
- Production focus: Understand and monitor the needs of internal and external customers of the production functions
- Ability to document, plan, and execute programs in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage large, complex projects and break them down and execute into manageable pieces. Detail oriented, able to link actions to effects
- Hands-on approach to problem solving
- Strong multitasking skills
- Minimum 12 years of experience in manufacturing, operations, or engineering in a leadership role
- LEAN, process-minded people leaders with experience in a complex manufacturing environment
- Experience supporting manufacturing Planning Analysis (Capacity and Capability Planning) for short and long range planning needs
- Demonstrated successful application of Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Just-In-Time, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, Five S, Visual Management, Total Productive Maintenance, Continuous Improvement Process, Kaizen, SPC, Six Sigma and Communication Tools, Statistical Problem Solving, and ISO/TS and IATE.
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts with a proven track record of lean or six sigma project implementation
- Experience with unit hour performance, cost account management or other budgetary responsibility
- BS/BA in Engineering; preferably manufacturing engineering, mechanical engineering technology, or a BS in Operations/Manufacturing
- Strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and MS-Project skills
- Ability to effectively communicate well with all levels of the organization
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume