Technician - Prototype
- Assemble prototype, engineering and validation heavy duty trucks. This includes assembling truck frames, powertrains, suspensions, axles, air systems, electrical systems etc and related activities to assemble a heavy duty truck from the ground up from primarily outsourced components.
- Interpret prints and CAD data.
- Light fabrication to support prototype builds may be required.
- Hands-on trouble shooting and problem solving of heavy duty truck mechanical & electrical systems including employing diagnostic tools.
- Provide feedback to design engineers related to Bill Of Material, installation, validation, accessibility and maintainability issues.
- Receive and manage inventory of prototype parts
- Support setting up and maintaining prototype shop infrastructure and facilities.
- Support test equipment installation.
- Build simple test fixtures and tools.
- Support in-house or field testing.
- Perform simple electrical assembly (i.e. wiring, connectors)Light
- Maintains a safe working environment through good housekeeping practices and adherence to safe work practices
- Periodic travel may be required to address issues at customer’s locations or support test and evaluation activities.
- Other duties may be assigned
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume