Senior Management Leadership Development Program
Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Can you do 2 or 3 jobs instead of only one? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
At Autocar, we fight for the customer’s needs. We are disrupting the industry by putting the customers’ needs first. Every truck we make is custom-engineered, and custom-made, specifically for that customer—no “one size fits all” here. Because we engineer tools differently, we deliver trucks faster than the competition, and they WORK. The truck has more uptime, is more comfortable for the driver, and is safer—40% fewer crashes with injury than the industry average.* For the life of the truck, we have around-the-clock support.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our trucks.
What will you do? The Senior Management Leadership Development Program role is an accelerated rotational program designed to cultivate competitive leaders with the skills and experience to be put in future strategic management positions. Assignments include but are not limited to process management, project management, and/or people management.
Participants of the Senior Management Leadership Development Program will provide “hands-on” process and project management leadership at various sites and be responsible for promoting best practices leading improvement projects throughout the company.
The Senior Management Leadership Development role should have the proven ability to successfully define business process improvements, needs, and improvement value drivers and have extensive experience in all aspects of business process analysis, including concept development, scope definition, problem discovery, process & value design, and “bridging” the business, functional teams to translate business needs into effective and aligned process, people and technology solutions.
The successful Senior Management Leadership Development Program participant will be able to effectively collaborate and share collective insight with Executive, Functional, Program, Project, and team members, document project deliverables and communicate with individuals at all levels of an organization from the desk level to the C-level and possess a solid understanding of the business motivations to implement change, drive benefits realization and business outcomes.
The starting assignment for this role involves definition and execution of PMO processes and governance best practices adapted to GVW Group's business environment in partnership with the various business leaders of GVW Group and its subsidiaries (Autocar, Triz, Aculocity, Autocar Parts, etc.).
- Assist the PMO Director in the establishment of a common set of PMO practices, tools and templates for portfolio, program and project level management and ensures standards are being followed.
- Improve project execution discipline by ensuring appropriate project and portfolio planning and management practices are used and followed.
- Improve visibility into project portfolio status and risks and generate monthly PMO metrics to show trends and opportunities for improvements.
- Follow-up and follow-through with various program and project managers to ensure progress and alignment with baseline project scope, budget and timeline.
- Facilitate the project demand intake process for new projects, ensuring timely alignment and stakeholder endorsement.
- Direct and mentor team of project management professionals.
- Ensure project management staff is tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of the stakeholders.
- Coordinate with various groups to help expose critical project information through several mechanisms such as project websites, dashboards and collaborative workbooks.
- Responsible for team work assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality reviews and escalating issues appropriately.
- Work to assess resource capacity and impact on active and planned projects.
- Coordinate and monitor project-level change controls (e.g., re-baselines) for active projects, ensuring alignment with agreed processes/governance.
- Support business governance forums as required (Project Team Meetings, Project Steering Committees, ROIs Review Committee, Leadership Team Meetings, etc.).
- Provide training/guidance/support to PMO team members, including onboarding of new members.
- Support the PMO Community of Practice meetings and other PMO knowledge management forums.
- Additional activities as required to support the portfolio, including strategic and “Run the Business” elements.
What does it take to be part of our team?
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum), Master’s degree (preferred), technical discipline or Supply Chain experience
- Lean Six Sigma and/or PMP certifications highly desirable
- 7+ years of senior level experience in project management of large-scale projects across functions or organizations
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership, with strong abilities in relationship management, gained experience in managing resources to meet goals across multiple projects, gained experience in leading multidiscipline, high-performance work teams/groups, and/or demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Experience in business process design and improvement initiatives including exposure and knowledge of process assessment (current state) and analysis to identify improvement opportunities and defining future state leveraging a variety of process methodology and modeling techniques and BPM tools (e.g., LEAN, Six Sigma, BPMS, TPS, etc.).
- Previous experience within the truck manufacturing industry highly desired
- Proficiency with project management and Microsoft tools (e.g., MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and business acumen.
- Ability to work independently to achieve results and exercise influence across a global matrix organization.
- Experience in the dynamics of program/project management involving cross-functional, multi-site teams
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities and strong interpersonal skills
- Expertise in critical thinking, influence, negotiation, problem solving, strategic thinking and leadership in a matrix environment.
- Ability to facilitate consensus and negotiate compromise.
- Individual who is a conceptual, strategic thinker, who can transform ideas into practical implementation at a detailed level
- Significant experience in project management related to process improvement initiatives
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong skills and experience in issue resolution and managing to stringent timelines for project deliverables
- Strong communication skills; experience presenting to executive/senior level management
- Recognized as an expert corporate consultant in multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach others
- Experience with matrix project teams
- Experience managing a segment of the project work
- Demonstrated ability to achieve desired results
- Excels in partnership, communications, persuasion, and negotiation skills
- Must act as a change catalyst
Where will you work? The Senior Management Leadership Development Program will be based in Autocar, LLC, in Birmingham, AL.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume