Customer Service Parts Interpreter
Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Can you do 2 or 3 jobs instead of only one? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
At Autocar, we fight for the customer’s needs. We are disrupting the industry by putting the customers’ needs first. Every truck we make is custom-engineered, and custom-made, specifically for that customer—no “one size fits all” here. Because we engineer tools differently, we deliver trucks faster than the competition, and they WORK. The truck has more uptime, is more comfortable for the driver, and is safer—40% fewer crashes with injury than the industry average.* For the life of the truck, we have around-the-clock support.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our trucks.
What will you do?
As Customer Service Parts Interpreter you are the face and voice of the company, representing the Autocar brand and providing a Best In Class customer experience in all interactions by upholding the Autocar Promise of Always Up. This position works with the customers on finding the correct parts they need and is the main point of contact with the support team to our customers.
Ability to use computer and trouble shoot with customer down to the proper part for the repair. The ideal candidate needs to be a problem solver who is process driven at determining the correct solution for the customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Positively interact with customers via phone and/or e-mail; proactively communicating both verbally and in writing as needed
- Troubleshoot and identify parts required by working with Service, Engineering and Warranty departments
- Enter customer parts orders
- Locate and purchase parts from outside source when not available thru Aftermarket including system documentation required for purchases
- Ability to think outside the box for creative solutions when parts are not readily available
- Communicate with Aftermarket Parts and parts distribution centers
- Other duties may be assigned.
What does it take to be a part of our team?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience -High school diploma or equivalent. One year Class 8 related experience; Class 6-8 truck knowledge is a plus. 1 year of customer service with a passion for providing a positive customer experience at all times.
- Language Skills -Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Reasoning Ability-Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills A thorough working knowledge of:
MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
(Desired but not required – can be trained)
AXIS (Team Center Engineering – IMAN, QAD, ADNET)
Where will you work? The Customer Service Parts Interpreter, will be based in Hagerstown, Indiana.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package to include salary and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, retirement/401K plans, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume