Sales & Operations Planning Manager
Do you want to be Autocar’s Sales & Operations Planning Manager?
Are you obsessed with customer focus and meeting the end user’s needs? Do you feel stifled by bureaucracy? Have an entrepreneurial drive? Do you refuse to let obstacles get in the way of achieving results?
As S&OP Manager, you’ll be a key Supply Chain Team Leader, working cross functionally within Autocar’s engineering, operations, program management and leadership teams. You’ll ensure all processes for supplier material readiness support production, ensure process excellence, and smart management of inventories.
You will lead a team of 3 highly skilled professionals that provide foundational information needed within Autocar and its supply base, including (1) forecasts, (2) supply chain process adherence, (3) sunsetting of parts (excess and obsolescence management), and organizational leading/lagging metrics. The result of this effort will ensure that Autocar has the right products, at the right quantities, in the right place, at all times.
What Does it Take to Be Part of Our Team?
You’ll Achieve These Key Outcomes:
• Publish a 12 month rolling forecast at the part level for Autocar Supply base
• As a key member of the Inquiry to Order Process, measure and communicate Supply Chains ability to support timelines and deliverables
• Maintain the proper configuration of Autocar Supplier Portal to ensure it accurately reflects firmed and planned orders
• Set up new suppliers and maintain an accurate supplier master file
• Maintain a Plan for Every Part (PFEP) program with periodic review periods
• Sunset parts collaboratively and run an active program to reduce excess and obsolete materials
• Maintain the Autocar Supplier Scorecard Systems and publish results internally and externally on a monthly basis
• Generate key Supply Chain Metrics that ensure monitoring of key leading process metrics and outcomes that support Autocars goals/excellence
You’ll Demonstrate These Competencies for Success:
• Analytical excellence with ability to see problems well in advance
• Process driven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
• Thorough with a logical ability to link actions to effects
• Focused yet flexible
• Honest to do what is right, not politically expedient
Your Background Includes:
• Bachelor's degree
• Operations or Supply Chain Management or Industrial Engineering degrees preferred
• Minimum of 5 years experience in planning roles, S&OP, and production/inventory management in commodities or manufacturing
• Working knowledge with S&OP process, systems, tools, and methods
• Working knowledge of production/inventory principles and concepts (i.e. S&OP, Master scheduling, inventory management, capacity planning, etc.)
• Experience in materials planning using a Materials Planning (MRP) system; QAD experience is a plus
• Experience with statistical and analytics software (i.e. Power BI, Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, SAS, Minitab, etc.)
• You may have Supply Chain Certification (APICS, CPIM, CSCM)
• You enjoy translating and integrating systems to interpret data analytics and facilitate effective communications with key stakeholders
• You thrive under the challenge to deliver custom solutions for your customers on time, every time - even when customer requirements change
Where will you work?
This role is located at Autocar®, LLC, in Birmingham, Alabama.
What do we offer in benefits?
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.
At Autocar, we are transforming the vocational truck industry, providing the highest quality, safest, and most advanced technology in the severe-duty class 8 vocational truck segment. Every truck we make is custom-engineered, and custom built to the customer’s specifications.
We are a privately US owned and operated company that expects our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the end user. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our trucks.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume