Human Resources Generalist
At Autocar Parts, we are a national aftermarket parts distributor that fights for the customer’s needs. We know truck parts and put the customers’ needs first to help customers keep their trucks rolling.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our trucks.
What will you do? As an HR Generalist you will be responsible for carrying out a variety of tactical and strategic endeavors including onboarding, critical skills assessments, succession planning, organizational headcount, employee training, policy implementation and documentation and streamlining, reporting and record-keeping, office management, and compliance. You will work closely with the talent acquisition team and will be assigned other tasks and projects as needed. You will support both the corporate office in Highland Park, IL and the distribution center in Louisville, KY. Our Human Generalist is vital to the success of Autocar Parts and our employees and as an ambassador of the company you will be expected to represent both the best interests of the company and our employees.
What does it take to successfully undertake this role?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of Human Resources generalist experience (experience in a manufacturing organization with a mix of hourly and salaried employees a plus)
- Experience supporting a workforce comprised of exempt and non-exempt employees
- Solid understanding of employment laws and practices
- Proven problem solving abilities
- Resilient, creative, and flexible nature
- Capacity to multi-task, prioritize and complete work in a fast paced, often-changing environment
- Customer service and ambassador mindset
- PHR Certification preferred but not required
- Understanding of ADP or comparable HRIS
Where will you work? The Human Resources Generalist will be based in Highland Park, IL.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision, 401K plan, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume