Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Can you do 2 or 3 jobs instead of only one? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
At Autocar Parts, we are a national aftermarket parts distributor that fights for the customer’s needs. We know truck parts and put the customers’ needs first to help customers keep their trucks rolling.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our truck parts.
What will you do?
Ideal candidates will be self-starters, intellectually curious, entrepreneurial and operate with the highest ethical standards. The Transportation Analyst for Autocar Parts will develop and improve logistics business processes including transportation trending, procurement, Freight Bill Audit and Payment, Shipment Planning and Execution to meet customer service levels, taking advantage of an optimized distribution network. The Transportation Analyst will be called to drive continuous cost and service improvements by performing repeatable analysis and tasks, recommending and implementing stated improvements and achieving annual strategic, total logistics cost management reductions as required by customers.
- Proactively monitor and identify trends, issues, or necessary corrective actions with key performance indicators. Execute root cause analysis utilizing 3PL data.
- Execute analysis and data preparation in support of sales activities (i.e., correct freight rate to charge)
- Provide all support function activity including accuracy and timeliness of data processing, reporting, analysis, and all other customer specific inquiries
- Cohesively work with internal teams to resolve problems and/or support implementations
- Process and distribute weekly metrics and develop performance reports
The key traits of the Transportation Analyst include:
- Analytical excellence, with ability to see problems well in advance
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented, able to link actions to effects
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Strong multitasking skills
- Planning and organization: an ability to plan and manage multiple projects
What else does it take to be a part of our team?
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1+ years of experience working with large data sets; retrieving/completing analysis Coursework or experience in Logistics or Supply Chain Management required.
- Experience working with large data sets; retrieving/completing analysis and communicating actionable results.
- Knowledge of small parcel pricing preferred.
- Expert skills in MS Excel
- Basic skills in MS Access or Power BI, such as identifying database components, starting and examining access, opening a database, planning and creating a database, saving and adding records, finding and replacing values in a table, setting field properties, creating reports, and printing reports
- Intermediate skills in MS Power Point such as working with templates and publishing completed presentations
What do we offer in benefits?
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package to include salary, variable compensation and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, retirement/401K plans, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume