Deployment Engineering Internship - Telecom
Technical Project Engineer (Deployment Engineer)
ASSIA is an exciting and dynamic organization that is shaping the future of broadband and wireless network connectivity.
We are looking for a Technical Project Engineer to help us in deployment and maintenance of ASSIA's OSS products and service delivery for our current and future customers.
Reporting to Deployment Engineering Manager, this role provides technical expertise and support and is involved in all phases of a project: analysis of technical system requirements, planning, implementation, execution, etc, to ensure that project technical needs and customer requirements have been met.
Working closely with System Engineering, Development, and Sales Teams, this position works to ensure that ASSIA's solution is fully functioning according to specifications. The Technical Project Engineer may also provide follow-up support to company sales staff and customer teams by disseminating technical information on specific applications.
To succeed in this role at ASSIA, the candidate needs to be self-confident, hands-on and eager to learn, outgoing and customer service-oriented person.
10% international travel can be expected.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in deployment projects with high quality standards and tight timelines
- Gather requirements from customers and find technical solutions
- Provide Technical Support to customers working closely with ASSIA's Technical Experts.
- Support installation, configuration and testing of ASSIA's products and solutions
- Prepare technical environments for ASSIA's product demonstrations and trials.
- Communicate and follow up project status and deliverables by reporting regularly to external and internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Telecommunications/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Master in Computer Science or Telecommunications/Electrical Engineering is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with Linux. Advanced experience would be a plus.
- Programming in scripting languages like Python.
- Experience with DevOps tools (eg. Ansible) would be desirable.
- Knowledge of database models and their use through SQL. Experience with Oracle technologies would be a plus.
- Familiarity with object-oriented software languages
- Knowledge of network or telecom management systems and devices, specifically as they pertain to xDSL and optical fiber related systems would be positively valued.
- Excels in providing technical support to internal and external customers
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem solving approach, Initiative and Continuous learning
- Time management - Proven ability to estimate and prioritize tasks
- Ability to multi-task in a multi-customer support environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to customer service
- Comfortable working with customers to gather requirements and report results
- Able to interface with both technical customers and non-technical personnel