Ashoka Germany & Global Finance Systems Project Manager
Finance Systems Project Manager for Ashoka Global Finance & Ashoka Germany
Location: Ashoka Germany’s office in Berlin or Munich
Time commitment: Full-time
Remuneration: Depending on experience
Start date: ASAP
Ashoka is the pioneer of social investing and social entrepreneurship. Founded in 1980, Ashoka has built the world’s first and largest network of social entrepreneurs across over 80 countries. These 3,500 social entrepreneurs are solving the world’s most difficult problems with system-changing innovations that improve the lives of millions of people. Ashoka also cultivates a community of leaders who see that the world now requires everyone to be a changemaker. Together, we collaborate to transform institutions and culture worldwide so that everyone can take initiative and lead positive change. This is our ‘Everyone A Changemaker’ vision that Ashoka is working toward, and it is our best hope for building a world where problems no longer outrun solutions and that people no longer feel paralyzed by all the problems we see around us. Ashoka is consistently ranked one of the Top 10 Non-Profit Organizations in the world.
About the role
Working for both Ashoka Germany and Ashoka Global Finance, this role involves developing and managing the systems and processes that keep Ashoka Finance running smoothly. We are looking for someone with solid understanding of finance and management accounting, strong analytical skills, hands-on mentality, love for details and data, who is a real team player and has a passion for social entrepreneurship.
Ashoka Global Finance [80%]
- Support the Management Accounting Director with the implementation of Ashoka’s accounting system (NetSuite) and planning & budgeting system (NSPB) in Ashoka's subsidiaries across the global (Latin America in Q1, others to be defined afterwards).
- Support the Data & NetSuite specialist with system configuration, maintenance, SuiteApps and APIs, such as the integration of NetSuite with Salesforce and Datev.
- Support the Data & NetSuite specialist to design reports, graphs and dashboards in NetSuite and NSPB for finance and non-finance audiences.
- Advise country offices in customizing NetSuite and NSPB according to their local needs.
- Advise grant management team in the customization of NSPB and data analysis.
- Support Ashoka finance and grant managers with financial data presentation and analysis.
Ashoka Germany [20%]
- Support Ashoka Germany with the implementation of NetSuite Non-Profit Edition, including setting up external and management accounting procedures.
- Provide Ashoka Germany team with ongoing support and tailored NetSuite training, including training on bookkeeping entries, reconciliation of bank accounts, credit cards and PayPal as well as processing of reclasses within international grant management for Ashoka Germany legal entity.
- Provide Ashoka Germany team with training and support for year-end entries and preparation of annual accounts.
- Implement and provide guidance to Ashoka Germany on budget management tools.
Required skills and experience
- In-depth experience in accounting and/or financial management in international nonprofits and desirable experience in German accounting standards.
- In-depth experience in NetSuite NFP edition.
- Proficient in Salesforce CRM.
- Experience in building sustainable reporting structures and processes.
- Ability to convey knowledge to users in a practical way.
- Passion for working analytically and creatively at the same time.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English.
- Experience in non-for-profit sector.
- Familiar with Oracle NetSuite Planning & Budgeting (or other financial planning system)
- Basic knowledge of spoken and written German and/or Spanish and/or French.