Ashoka - Communication and Social Media Intern - Indonesia
ASHOKA INDONESIA is looking for Communication and Social Media Intern
Position Time: Part-Time (20 Hours/Week)
Location: Hybrid (Online and Jakarta Office)
Period: 9 Months
Ashoka is on an audacious mission – to create a world where everyone is a changemaker i.e. a world where everyone has the agency and skills to make a positive change in their families or communities. It is only in such a world where the solutions will outrun our social problems. With its global network of over 3.500 leading social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows), 10,000 youth ventures, 180+ changemaker schools, and 30+ changemaker campuses – as well as a community of 20,000+ innovators on Changemakers.com – Ashoka works with strategic partners to empower people with the skills to create solutions for the good of all in a world of constant change.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Communication and Social Media Intern, your main tasks will be to:
- Assisting to create Assets for Ashoka Social Media that respond to the needs of Ashoka's mission.
- Helping to post each asset across Ashoka's different social media channels (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter).
- Supporting the team to track and report tractions and outcome.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Able to work on own initiative and proactively in a team.
- Social media management experience in managing and creating content, ideally for a social movement or community.
- Excellent verbal, writing and interpersonal communications skills; strong attention to detail, ability to write.
- Personal and professional interest in different areas of Ashoka programs, zest for learning and leveraging the latest trends, channels, and tools.
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across teams.
Ashoka has a rigorous screening process for hiring staff at all career stages. All applicants for all positions must possess the following qualities along with the appropriate degree of experience:
Understanding and Belief in the Everyone a Changemaker: Understands and believes the Everyone a Changemaker vision at a gut level. To be able to innately ‘get’ this, candidates should have a broad and inquisitive intellectual and a thinking pattern that connects the dots between historical trends and current social context.
Entrepreneurship/Intrapreneurship: Compelled to take creative initiative and ownership (e.g. founding an organization or company, starting a movement, or re-shaping the work of an existing organization). Demonstrates relentless and realistic how-to-thinking and passion for seeing their ideas come to life.
Emotional and Social Intelligence: Ability to work efficiently and respectfully in teams, putting organizational/team goal first (personal glory second).
Ethical Fiber: Exceptionally strong ethical behavior. Is self-reflective and has strong empathy skills. Trustworthy.
Ashoka looks for entrepreneurs with a track record of generating new ideas and bringing them to fruition. We ask please consider the following questions in your COVER LETTER (required) :
- New Idea
- What significant idea did you create and bring to fruition?
- How was this idea new and different from others in the space?
- What was the impact of this new idea? What new system was created?
- Youth Entrepreneurship
What was your earliest youth changemaker experience and how did it impact your career?
Submit your RESUME and COVER LETTER by clicking “Apply”.
Submission Deadline: 31st March 2022