Ashoka - Executive Assistant
Ashoka seeks to make a positive impact by influencing the frameworks and structures through which people understand and function in the world. The Executive Assistant plays an integral role in the organization as the secretarial and administrative support to the CEO. This role requires an ability to prioritize competing needs while handling matters efficiently, proactively, and with strong independence. This role is perfect for those who are highly organized, take initiative to problem solve, and are looking to contribute to Ashoka’s Everyone a Changemaker mission.
Who We Are
Ashoka’s vision is of a future where everyone has the lifegiving power to contribute in a rapidly changing world. If everyone is a changemaker, humanity’s new solutions can keep pace with the new problems, and a more equitable future can be achieved. We are a passionate, entrepreneurial team across over 100 countries working together to achieve this vision.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the CEOs calendar, including all scheduling needs; the annual planning process; monitor timelines and ensure deadlines and time-sensitive follow-ups are met;
- Facilitate, monitor and prioritize the CEO’s daily package of materials;
- Manage the Correspondence team help review and proof emails, memos, documents, and materials ensuring accuracy and compliance with CEO’s request;
- Coordinate the creation of the agenda for a weekly Ashoka global leadership meeting in collaboration with others; (come back to)
What You’ll Bring
- Understanding and interest in the field of social entrepreneurship and changemaking
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and high emotional intelligence
- Proven ability to approach problems with a solutions-mindset and creative can-do attitude
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work independently
- Full time position, salaried
- Currently remote, but must reside in or near Arlington, VA, for any office tasks. When the office reopens in 2023 this position will be mandatorily in-person 5 days per week.
- Overtime expected during high-volume times of year and other critical moments for the CEO
Working at Ashoka
Ashoka is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or religion. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. Valuing diversity and creating the space where all are seen, respected, and included is central to our core work of building an Everyone a Changemaker world.