Diaspora Partnership Manager (Africa)
Are you looking for purpose and an opportunity to co-lead an initiative, to help shape it and to engage African diaspora leaders and organizations?
Do you enjoy working with ambiguity, huge challenges and constant change to design and implement transformative ground breaking initiatives?
Are you looking for your next big thing, enjoy working cross teams, multi cultures, with prospects to grow, learn and enable others find their big purpose too?
Are you a changemaker and are looking to work in a changemaker environment as an intraprenuer?
Then Ashoka is looking for you, to join our Africa and global Diaspora team of teams as the Partnerships Manager.
Our purpose is for Diaspora communities and networks to be widely understood as a strategic constituency for an “Everyone a Changemaker” world, to co-lead together with our social entrepreneurs and key allies in the field, and to enable Ashoka to raise funding for its core mission as a result. The Ashoka Diaspora team is working with diaspora communities, to contribute to their thriving in the new home and connect and create opportunities in their countries of origin.
What will your Role look like?
Your main responsibilities will be ensuring meaningful and effective engagements for African diaspora individuals and groups in strategic partner organizations, companies, and universities;
This will include and not limited to;
- Ensuring the successful engagement of the Africa diaspora, from proposal writing, presentations, communication materials as well as organizing actual engagements with the Ashoka community (workshops, events, field visits, etc.) in coordination with Ashoka country and program teams;
- Developing and managing internal partnerships management systems for the engagement of the African diaspora;
- Coordinating the launch of Ashoka Africa Builders, an adaptation of the Ashoka Support Network to Africa, in a way that contributes to Ashoka’s strategic goals with diaspora constituents;
- Coordinating the efforts of the Team of Teams engaged with the African diaspora.
- Support the team when necessary, in the search and mapping of diaspora leaders, groups and organizations
- Co-create and design, with the Diaspora team, new roles and opportunities for how diaspora leaders, groups and organizations can contribute and benefit from engaging with Ashoka, Ashoka fellows and allies.
The position will start with a 12-month consulting contract with the intention of transitioning into an open-ended role with Ashoka Africa. The consultant will report to Ashoka Africa Program Lead and will be based in Lagos, Nigeria or Nairobi, Kenya (ability to work legally in Nigeria or Kenya is a requirement for this position).
Check out our hiring Criteria and process here
Get in touch with [email protected] if you have any questions prior to applying.
Added advantage if you have
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience (partnership management, proposal writing, project management, organizing inspirational experiences for constituents)
- Fluency in English, written and verbal.
- Personal experience as a member of the African diaspora is a plus.
- Preference for candidates that can be based in Lagos, Nigeria
Seek, select and next-gen leaders and diaspora groups in potential JJ partners, companies, universities and diaspora organizations.
- Further developing our engagement strategy with Diaspora groups in Google (Latin X and Spanish speaking communities in Google). Growing this engagement to diaspora groups from other regions and other institutions/companies/organizations.
- in charge of mapping diaspora media and influencers ad organizations. Build rapport with current and potential partners. Prepare materials together with other Ashoka communication teams to provide material for diaspora media.
- Developing partnerships management system for diaspora leaders, groups and influencers (coordinating amongst country, program and purpose teams).
Preferred staffing level, interests and experience:
This is an Entrepreneur Track position, with the appropriate level ranging from CM to SCL. Ideal experience and interests for internal candidates include:
- Partnership management
- Proposal writing
- Organizing and implementing inspirational experiences for constituents
- Coordinating project implementation among different Ashoka teams
- Project Management
- Interviewing candidates and writing compelling stories
The commitment to this position must be at least 50% of the team member’s time and for at least 12 months.