Ashoka - Senior Finance and Operation - Indonesia
ASHOKA INDONESIA IS LOOKING FOR
SENIOR FINANCE AND OPERATION MANAGER
Position Time: Full-Time
Location: Hybrid (Online and Jakarta Office)
Period: 12 Months (with opportunity to continue)
Scope: Indonesia and Southeast Asia
Ashoka is on an audacious mission – to create a world where everyone is a changemaker i.e. a world where everyone has the agency and skills to make a positive change in their families or communities. It is only in such a world where the solutions will outrun our social problems. With its global network of over 3.500 leading social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows), 10,000 youth ventures, 180+ changemaker schools, and 30+ changemaker campuses – as well as a community of 20,000+ innovators on Changemakers.com – Ashoka works with strategic partners to empower people with the skills to create solutions for the good of all in a world of constant change.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead the finance team to create the finance and operation strategy to build Indo Hub
- Coordinate the budgeting processes at the local and global levels
- Gather and analyze data from non-profit sector in Indonesia to update the salary framework for different levels of staff
- Manage expenditure and reporting according to grant agreements and donor restrictions
- Prepare regular reports to different audiences: Local teams, Ashoka Global, donors, etc.
- Monthly financial reports & payroll information to the global office
- Monthly reports for regional leadership on budgeted and realized income / expense
- Quarterly Country Health-check Reports: Contributing financial data to the quarterly country office health-check reports (5-6 financial lines assessing financial health of the organization)
- Regulatory reports such tax reports to appropriate government agencies as required
- Supervise expense reimbursement, and banking processes according to policies and controls
- Oversee and Liaise with Ashoka Indonesia’s external auditor in completing annual audit and submitting audit report on time as required by law Ensure that Ashoka’s legal registration is up to date and maintained as required by law
- Work with Regional Leader and other senior staff on developing and updating policies and procedures in line with Ashoka Global standards and best practice tailored to the operations of Ashoka Indonesia
- Ensure that basic internal controls such as segregations of duties are implemented
- Human Resources:
- Coordinate on-boarding and off-boarding of interns, consultants and other staff
- Prepare and renew Ashoka contracts
- Liaise with Ashoka Global HR Team and local teams
- Manage and ensure the Ashoka Handbook is up to date
- Database Management and Communication: Creating and implementing systems to manage Ashoka contacts/networks and communications using salesforce.
Required Skills and Experience
- Fluent English
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Finance management
- Time management and multitasking skills
- Able to work on own initiative, proactively and independently and under minimal supervision
- Strong team player
- Experience in managing people
- Proficient in Excel/Word
- Familiar with Salesforce and general IT tools (desirable)
- University degree in finance, accounting, economics or business management
- 6-10 years of professional experience in a finance role
- Motivated to grow and learn new skills
Ashoka has a rigorous screening process for hiring staff at all career stages. All applicants for all positions must possess the following qualities along with the appropriate degree of experience: Understanding and Belief in the Everyone a Changemaker: Understands and believes the Everyone a Changemaker vision at a gut level. To be able to innately ‘get’ this, candidates should have a broad and inquisitive intellectual and a thinking pattern that connects the dots between historical trends and current social context.
Emotional and Social Intelligence: Ability to work efficiently and respectfully in teams, putting organizational/team goal first (personal glory second).
Ethical Fiber: Exceptionally strong ethical behaviour. Is self-reflective and has strong empathy skills. Trustworthy.