Ashoka - Youth Years Associate - Indonesia
ASHOKA INDONESIA is looking for Youth Years Associate
Position Time: Full-Time
Location: Hybrid (Online and Jakarta Office)
Period: 12 Months (with opportunity to continue)
Ashoka is on an audacious mission – to create a world where everyone is a changemaker i.e. a world where everyone has the agency and skills to make a positive change in their families or communities. It is only in such a world where the solutions will outrun our social problems. With its global network of over 3.500 leading social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows), 10,000 youth ventures, 180+ changemaker schools, and 30+ changemaker campuses – as well as a community of 20,000+ innovators on Changemakers.com – Ashoka works with strategic partners to empower people with the skills to create solutions for the good of all in a world of constant change.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Youth Years Associate, your main tasks will be to:
- Manage co-creation with workflow and deliverables between Ashoka and key global partners.
- Manage all aspects of technical project lifecycle of Purpose Team 2 - Youth Years from initiation to close for multiple, simultaneous projects
- Gather requirements from cross-functional organization to define the scope, schedule, resourcing, and budget for projects, identifying risks and dependencies in advance
- Maintain tracking and reporting, report about project status, and consistently deliver on time and within budget
- Actively foster healthy relationships in cross-functional organization; facilitate trust, positive team morale, communication, and conflict resolution
- Share insights from the team to help clarify program vision align with Everyone a Changemaker mission and improve partners’ experience.
- Ongoing stakeholder engagement, and operations support
- Ensure on-time deliverables in adherence to the timeline of the programs
- Ensure ongoing improvement of the journey in liaison with the strategic partner.
- Create a routine of regular two-way engagements: discussions, idea-exchange forum, networking spaces, events, etc. with Jujitsu partners
- Support impact measurement
- Monitor, track and report feedback from partners.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative, proactively and independently and under minimal supervision
- Required 1-2 years of prior experience program development and implementation, and or partnership in the development or social sector
- Proven ability to influence without authority
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience in managing a team of people and external agencies
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to set clear guidelines and deadlines
- Comfortable managing multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced, non-stop environment
- Personal and professional interest in different areas of Ashoka programs, zest for learning and leveraging the latest trends, channels, and tools
- Strong interest in accelerating the movement building ecosystem across Southeast Asia.
Ashoka has a rigorous screening process for hiring staff at all career stages. All applicants for all positions must possess the following qualities along with the appropriate degree of experience:
Understanding and Belief in the Everyone a Changemaker: Understands and believes the Everyone a Changemaker vision at a gut level. To be able to innately ‘get’ this, candidates should have a broad and inquisitive intellectual and a thinking pattern that connects the dots between historical trends and current social context.
Entrepreneurship/Intrapreneurship: Compelled to take creative initiative and ownership (e.g. founding an organization or company, starting a movement, or re-shaping the work of an existing organization). Demonstrates relentless and realistic how-to-thinking and passion for seeing their ideas come to life.
Emotional and Social Intelligence: Ability to work efficiently and respectfully in teams, putting organizational/team goal first (personal glory second).
Ethical Fiber: Exceptionally strong ethical behavior. Is self-reflective and has strong empathy skills. Trustworthy.
Ashoka looks for entrepreneurs with a track record of generating new ideas and bringing them to fruition. We ask please consider the following questions in your COVER LETTER (required) :
- New Idea
- What significant idea did you create and bring to fruition?
- How was this idea new and different from others in the space?
- What was the impact of this new idea? What new system was created?
- Youth Entrepreneurship
What was your earliest youth changemaker experience and how did it impact your career?
Submit your RESUME and COVER LETTER by clicking “Apply”.
Submission Deadline: 15th September 2022