Ashoka - Finance Manager
The Changemakers Companies (CMC) team is growing! We are hiring a full-time Finance manager responsible for developing and managing the systems and processes that keep our team and partnerships running smoothly and professionally. We are looking for someone with expertise in finance and management accounting, strong analytical skills, love for details and data, and who is a team player and a good communicator.
The Changemakers Companies team is a global team, with most team members based out of Europe. We also work with strategic partners, including consulting firms, and we manage a portfolio of partnerships with companies (such as Chanel, Cap Gemini, Boehringer Ingelheim, etc.) willing to transform their businesses for ‘the good of all’ through engagements with social entrepreneurs. Read more about changemaker companies in the Manifesto here. As the Changemaker Companies program develops a global footprint, it seeks a strong team member to oversee the financial aspects of this growth and scale.
- Supporting the CMC’s overall €1.6M partnership budget and financials: preparing and updating partnership budgets, cashflow forecasts, and income and expenditure reports;
- Managing accounts payable, accounts receivable, intercompany transfers and bookkeeping according to Ashoka’s statutory policies and procedures;
- Work closely with local finance managers where CMC staff are located to ensure expenses booked are consistent with budgets;
- Presenting financial summaries to the rest of the CMC team in a clear and concise manner;
- Set up, improve and manage financial processes according to Ashoka policies and established deadlines;
- Other financial-related tasks, including supporting the team with reimbursements.
- Work closely with several of the Changemaker Companies partnership managers to maintain healthy and professional partnerships, including:
- Providing financial and operational program support,
- Serving as the financial point of contact for the partnership,
- Preparing annual partnership cashflow and forecasts and ensuring that forecasts are updated regularly at least monthly by partnership budget owners, and comparing budgets to actual figures and respective analysis;
- Working closely with partnership budget owners to report on grants in a timely and accurate manner, both internally and externally to the partner.
- Advise management in financial decision-making and systems development.
- Develop grant report of expenditures according to grant agreements and donations’ restrictions in a timely manner.
- Oversee the grant routine generation of timely and accurate internal and external financial reports, including monthly and annual financial statements.
- Provide financial analyses, reports, and forecasts to grant director
- Highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Experience, knowledge and interest in finance and accounting,
- Excellent time management skills, autonomy, and ability to manage multiple projects and tasks;
- Interest in working for a global team;
- Strong team player;
- Able to communicate clearly and efficiently with diverse audiences;
- Proficient in English;
- At least 2- 3 years of relevant professional experience;
- Experience in non-for-profit sector;
- Familiar with SAP Business One, NetSuite or other accounting systems;
- Familiar with Salesforce (or other CRM system);