Community Lead, Law for All Initiative
Ashoka is the largest network of leading social entrepreneurs with systems-changing solutions for the world’s most urgent social problems. Since 1981, Ashoka has elected and supported over 4,000 social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows) in 90 countries. Through their work, these social entrepreneurs also enable millions of changemakers to contribute to Ashoka’s vision of building an Everyone A Changemaker™ world. Ashoka engages these Ashoka Fellows' insights and resources to create networks of changemaking institutions that form a powerful change ecosystem. Network members support each other, collaborate, and collectively achieve much more than the sum of their parts.
Ashoka is looking for an intrapreneurial individual to lead the catalytic engagement with the network of young and other leading entrepreneurs for its Law for All Initiative. The Law for All Initiative searches, selects and supports changemakers innovating to make the legal system more accessible, inclusive and effective. The Initiative will undertake social innovation mapping and build strategic partnerships and communication to enable the creation of a supportive ecosystem for such changemakers. The Community Lead will be responsible to:
- Lead the process of identifying, selecting and catalyzing the growth of leading social entrepreneurs, changing the legal and justice ecosystem in India;
- Strategically activate and foster young and other changemakers in this ecosystem;
- Support Program Director to mobilize networks and build sectoral collaborations;
- Provide other strategic, communications and documentation support for the Law for All initiative and beyond.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have up to five years of work experience;
- Have played an intrapreneurial role in organizations and/or initiatives that have achieved impact;
- Demonstrate an ability to build and collaborate with other teams and networks;
- Inspire trust and demonstrate strong ethical fibre;
- Have excellent leadership and communication skills to work in a dynamic team and network;
- Be an Indian national.
This is a full-time position based in Bangalore (or remote).
If you’re reading this and it sounds like you, let us know by sending an email with your CV and cover letter. Only those offered an interview will be contacted.