Ashoka - Deputy Executive Administrator
The Deputy Administrator will play an integral role in the organization by supporting and managing the priorities of the Executive Administrator and the CEO. This individual will be able to prioritize competing needs while handling matters efficiently, proactively, and with strong independence. This role is perfect for those who enjoy innovating within systems, problem solving, and are looking to contribute to Ashoka’s Everyone a Changemaker mission.
The Deputy Administrator serves as a liaison for the CEO, interacting with Ashoka leadership and other teams on behalf of the Executive Office, and coordinating channels of communication between the CEO, staff, and external parties.
This position offers strong management experience with ample opportunity for growth and unique mentorship. The Deputy Administrator is responsible for supporting the Executive Administrator, managing some external and internal relationships of the CEO, and occasionally advocating for strategic directives to senior leadership on the CEO’s behalf.
Some key objectives of the Deputy Administrator are below.
Organizing Strategic Meetings:
- As directed by the Executive Administrator, assisting the CEO in scheduling needs; the annual planning process; monitor timelines and ensure deadlines and time-sensitive follow-ups are met
- Facilitate monitoring and evaluation of media relations, including proper research and coordination for preparing briefings for meetings, and high-level speaking events, supported by other EO team members
- Develop and cultivate working relationships with key senior staff internally and externally
Team Management and Quality Control
- Assist the Executive Administrator in managing the Executive Office Correspondence team to promote excellence in all communication from the CEO email and personal mailings
- Monitor and respond to upcoming special projects/crises that have potential to affect the CEO, and coordinate with the Executive Administrator to ensure appropriate responses and follow-up tasks
Managing Special Projects and External Relationships
- Prepare and maintain a variety of Ashoka records, including confidential information
- Work closely on strategic planning/objective creation for the Executive Office team
- Conduct many other varieties of special projects as they arise, manage staff throughout Ashoka to ensure the CEO’s interests are represented
- Supporting CEO and Frame Change team with ongoing media relationships and cultivating new ones
- Assisting the CEO with publications or requested endorsements and other writings
Interdepartmental Relations on Behalf of the CEO
- Develop and cultivate working relationships with all staff
- Liaise with Ashoka senior management to arrange for the CEO’s attention to interdepartmental needs and requests for meetings, documents, and resources
- Develop a working knowledge - eventually become an expert - on the dynamics of Ashoka’s presence at the country, regional, and purpose levels
Preferred Skills and Background
- Understanding of and/or interest in the field of social entrepreneurship
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and high emotional intelligence
- Ability to self-manage and lead a project in ambiguity. Proven tolerance for adversity
- Creative, quick problem-solving experience
- Proven leadership experience
- Full time position, salaried
- Currently remote, but must reside in or near Arlington, VA, for any in-person tasks. When the office reopens in 2023 this position will be mandatorily in-person 5 days per week
- Overtime expected during high-volume times of year and other critical moments for the CEO