Ashoka U.S. Venture Search Intern
Ashoka’s U.S. team selects and supports leading social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows) and actively integrates them into our national and international network (of 4,000 Fellows in 90 countries).
Our summer intern will be working on Salesforce data entry and two more substantial research projects. Week to week, the intern will research social entrepreneur candidates for our Fellowship program in more depth and present their work to a meeting on alternate Fridays. Over the course of the summer, you will also conduct a broader mapping of a sector, researching current trends and changemakers in that space. Previous mappings have covered racial equity and early childhood education. We'll work with you to develop a topic relevant to your interests.
Ashoka team members are entrepreneurial, ethical individuals who are willing and able to work in a number of different capacities. They can navigate nuts and bolts tasks as well as big picture thinking with ease. Therefore, Interns should have:
- Self-motivation and a strong entrepreneurial spirit: New ideas and projects thrill you!
- Desire to cause systemic change and gain experience in the social entrepreneurship sector.
- An investigative nature: Someone who loves to get to the bottom of a story.
- Research and analysis skills: You love digging for information and lifting out patterns from it.
- Ability to work independently and in a creative, collaborative team environment.
- Teamwork & communication skills: In the era of COVID-19 this will be a remote internship. The candidate must be excited to explore new and unique ways to work with, learn from & have fun with their team.
For Venture/Fellowship focused projects: Previous experience professionally writing and administrative skills are desired. This intern should be a source of energy to help the team carry out detailed processes. Experience with Salesforce is preferred.
- Time commitment: Part-time (20 hours per week)
- Duration: 10 – 12 weeks (extendable depending on evolving project requirements and personal goals)
- Compensation: This in an unpaid internship but we are eager to work with students and universities that will provide the student course credit or scholarships/grants for their work with Ashoka.
- Location: Remote! In the era of COVID-19, we are excited to work with skilled individuals from across the country!
- Necessary Technology: Intern must have their own (or access to a) computer and web camera for this role.
- Application deadline: ASAP. We can’t wait to hear from you!
How to apply: Apply via Jobvite. In addition to the prompts of the application, please attach a cover letter that includes the answers to these application questions below. Applications without responses to these questions will be rejected automatically. Applicants can reapply at any time should they include the responses to the application questions.
- What drives your curiosity?
- What about working at Ashoka excites you?
- What is the most interesting idea you have heard in the last 6 months?
- What would you like to accomplish during this internship?
Want to get to know Ashoka? Subscribe here!