Ascent Resources is seeking an experienced Sr. Systems Engineer with experience and desire to work with VMWare, Office 365 and Microsoft Azure technologies. This position is located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and will report to the Director of Data & Development. This position is not remote.
This role will work with a small, tight knit, highly motivated team to accomplish the department and team goals. Ascent Resources provides many opportunities to learn new technologies, along with working on top of the line on-premise/cloud infrastructure.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Design, implement, and maintain server, storage, network, and security infrastructure.
• Innovate new ways to solve hybrid cloud infrastructure problems, while working to get the most out of ongoing operational expenses.
• Continue to improve existing disaster recovery and business continuity architecture.
• Create and maintain automation for cloud platforms as well as monitoring and alerting across all infrastructure.
• Collaborate in a cross-functional environment with network engineers, system analysts, security analysts and software engineers to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
• Automate repeatable processes.
• Ensure all infrastructure components meet proper performance and capacity standards, as well as staying in line with all SOX standards.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Minimum 3-4 years supporting VMware vCenter and vSphere technology
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with Microsoft Windows Servers infrastructure including Active Directory management and implementation
• Basic knowledge of scripting in PowerShell
• Experience with datacenter architecture
• Experience with end user device management and patching.
• Experience with monitoring platforms
• Highly knowledgeable of Office 365
• Proficient with AD, DNS, FTP, NTP, SMTP, NFS, CIFS, DHCP, LDAP is highly desirable
• Desire to constantly learn and immerse yourself in new technology
• Be a team player, embrace other ideas, and ultimately arrive at the most optimal solution
• Experience with SOX Compliance
• Experience with Microsoft Azure technology
Education & Work Experience Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• 7+ years of progressive experience working within an IT department including experience working on core systems and related technologies
• Oil and Gas Industry experience a plus
• Benefits start day one
• 7% company matching 401(k) dollar for dollar + 3% non-elective 401(k) contribution
• PTO based on industry or job-related experience
• Tuition assistance after 1 year
Ascent Resources provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ascent complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.