Control Room Operator - Water (Night Shift)
Ascent Resources is seeking an experienced Control Room Operator. This position is located in Cambridge, OH and will report to the Sr. Foreman - Water Trucking.
This position will be assisting the Water Management Team and field personnel by handling incoming calls to the Operations Center. Using internet and computer-based systems to monitor tank levels, water production rates, and assist Ascent Field Staff with load scheduling and transportation needs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Answer 100-200 calls per day from field personnel, drivers, and outside carrier partners
• Provide a high level of customer service to assist with adjusting planned dispatches to accommodate all changes in operating environments. Examples include operational removal/delivery requests, load cancelations, carrier availability, and equipment issues
• Accurately communicate urgent needs to Water Superintendent and Supervisors
• Work with Operational Supervisors, Field Staff, Consultants, and other departments personnel on miscellaneous projects
• Tracking and reporting all loads generated and completed on daily haul logs
• Communicate between shifts on all operation concerns, issues and ongoing projects
• Assign, update, and confirm electronic haul orders, as needed based on daily work activities, through Ascent’s Water Dispatch system
• Other duties assigned as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Basic Microsoft Windows / Office experience
• Customer service skills, accuracy, patience, strong work ethic and ability to work within a team environment
• Multi task in a four to six monitor computer setup environment
Education & Work Experience Required
• HS Diploma or equivalent required
• Customer service experience preferred
• Previous Dispatch experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping
• Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds
• Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and phone systems
• Requires normal range of hearing and vision
Ascent Resources provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ascent complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.