Senior Human Resources Manager
As a strategic partner, the Senior HR Manager will work in close partnership with management to align business objectives with talent strategy in Arnold’s Boston office. The Sr. HR Manager serves as a consultant to office management on Human Resource related issues while acting as an employee champion and change agent. The Sr. HR Manager assesses and anticipates HR-related needs, and in partnership with the larger HR function, delivers value added services that reflect the business objectives of the organization and our people. The Sr. HR Manager maintains an effective level of business literacy, our plans, our culture, and our competition.
- Meet regularly and proactively with office management to provide HR guidance on topics such as: organizational change, employee relations, engagement, compliance with local employment law, employee development, performance management, recruiting, etc.
- Proactively recommend strategic organizational development initiatives that address the evolving needs of the business and lead HR-driven programs that will result in positive change (e.g., reporting structure, titles, position profiles, succession planning, position levels, etc.)
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to office management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Play an active role in salary review recommendations and variable compensation processes, providing advice and counsel as needed
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increases productivity and retention
- Provides HR Policy guidance and interpretation
- Respond to all employee questions and concerns in a timely and thorough manner
- Partner with managers to ensure we are hiring, engaging and retaining top talent
- Help design and drive targeted employee engagement efforts
- Provide recruitment guidance to the Talent Acquisition team as needed
- Partner with HR team to execute ad hoc projects and programmatic initiatives to promote a high performance culture
- Partner with centralized HR Operations group and payroll team on all employee changes
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in HR, Organization Development or related field
- 5-8 years of relevant HR experience as an HR Business Partner, HR Generalist or HR Manager
- PHR/SPHR a plus
- Proven ability to work independently and autonomously in a dynamic, fast-paced, ever-changing, rapid-growth environment
- Experience working for a marketing, advertising or media professional services company a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong performance management, employee relations, organizational development and talent management experience
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage conflict
- High degree of integrity and demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, consultative relationships across all levels in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Excellent client management and business acumen.
- Strong conflict management skills
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities