Roles & Responsibilities
The main responsibilities for this role are building and editing mechanical files, prepress file preparation and digital production. Experience with wide-format printing and hand skills (cutting, mounting, building comprehensives, props, etc.) are also highly valued.
- Assist design and production teams in producing print and digital deliverables
- Receive and implement feedback and critiques from copy editing, creative and marketing teams
- Prepare final, press-ready files according to supplied specifications while maintaining strict brand guidelines
- Resize and version existing mechanical files
- Communicate problems that could threaten timely completion of projects
- Maintain a solid understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, typographic principles, color spaces and prepress requirements
Years of Experience
Qualifications & Skills
Must be team-oriented, highly organized, have strong verbal, written and communication skills, demonstrate strong attention to detail and the ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines. Must have an understanding of both print and digital production, with a strong grasp of prepress best practices. Expert skills in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator are required. Color correction and retouching skills are a plus.
4-year degree or equivalent agency and/or prepress experience required.