Prior catering experience, preferably minimum of 3-5 years
The Hospitality Coordinator's primary responsibilities include: Ordering and serving all food and beverage for client and internal meetings; maintaining the overall cleanliness and appearance of the Café, pantries, bars and Catering kitchen. The position requires a highly motivated individual with strong communication and customer service skills.
Must have minimum HS diploma or GED
Must be able to communicate in spoken and written English
Must be able to work independently and keep clear and accurate records.
Must have reliable transportation and ability to be reached by phone.
Must be able to perform light lifting.
Must be able to meet a flexible work schedule to accommodate early morning, evening, or weekend functions if/when necessary
- Plan and organize catering for all functions including client and internal meetings and Town Hall events.
- Provide creative food and beverage options for meetings and events.
- Clean up after all events.
- Monitors conference rooms, bars, Café and pantries on a regular basis to maintain consistent cleanliness throughout the agency.
- Maintaining sanitary working conditions and appearance in the Catering Kitchen at all times.
- Keep pantries and Café stocked with soda, water, milk, creamers, teas, sugars, hot chocolate, utensils and paper products.
- Order all kitchen supplies.
- Maintains the coffee machines and ensure they are always full, clean and presentable
- Order and serve all beverages for meetings and events.
- Manages all Meal Requests and invoices for the Functions Department.
- Host vendor food tastings.
- Research menu ideas.
- Maintain the table linens.
- Maintain the Ice Cream and Popcorn machine.