Sr. Broadcast Business Affairs Manager
The Senior Business Affairs Manager in our Creative Services department will oversee all digital, broadcast, print and industrial projects on designated client businesses. The ideal candidate will be a team player with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced creative environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Contract negotiations, Rights and clearances, Strong Talent background and familiarity with all aspects of SAG/AFTRA, ACTRA and AFM Unions.
- Review creative materials and advise Agency teams on any talent, copyright and intellectual property issues
- Work with Counsel on advisement of any copyright and intellectual property issues, contract templates, risk assessment and indemnifications
- Review vendor agreements to ensure they meet compliance standards
- Trademark searches for proposed branding, tag lines, etc.
- Work with Production teams to evaluate production and contract concerns
- Approve award documents, insurance, licensing and talent agreements and purchase orders
- Work through any network clearance issues
- Negotiate and generate all Music Licenses
- Negotiate all Celebrity and over-scale deals and oversee creation of contracts
- Work with Producers and Marketing Teams regarding all talent sessions, residuals, and all other talent and music related costs.
- Advise Marketing Teams on any updated union rules, regulations
- Manage union claims, audits or reporting requirements
- Manage any Foreign Talent requests, agreements
- Actualize Production jobs with Producers
Skills & Desired Experience:
- Minimum 5-10 + years relevant industry experience
- Agency experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills and experience working with Talent Agents
- Strong working knowledge of Talent Union contracts
- Ability to work independently and as part of a Team