Armedia is a technology company with 18 years of experience. We are a CMMI Level 3 systems integrator providing complete system development and integration technology expertise to government and commercial customers.
We are seeking a results-driven application architect to lead our application development team. You will be consulting with senior business managers on application requirements, incorporating desired functionalities into application development plans, and supervising application development stages.
To ensure success as an application architect, you should exhibit extensive application development knowledge and experience in evaluating business needs. A top-notch application architect will be someone whose expertise in application architecture translates into optimized business operations.
In this role, the individual will provide the following levels of support:
- Analyze and study complex system requirements.
- Designing major aspects of the architecture of an application, including components such as user interface, middleware and infrastructure
- Providing technical leadership to the application development team
- Performing design and code reviews
- Ensuring that uniform enterprise wide application design standards are maintained
- Collaborating with other stakeholders to ensure the architecture is aligned with business requirements
- Manage software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools.
- Estimate software development costs and schedule.
- Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques.
- Supervise software configuration management with team of developers
Required (minimum) Education:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
Desired (optimum) Education:
- Master’s Degree in Computer science, information systems or related field
Desired (optimum) Professional Certifications:
- Computer Aided Software Engineering or related certification
Required (minimum) Years of Relevant Experience:
- Five (5) or more years of relevant technology experience
Desired (optimum) Years of Relevant Experience:
- Eight (8) Years of Relevant Experience
- Experience with the Department of Treasury a plus
- Modeling and Engineering with a Enterprise Architecture Tool
- Developing Web Based Applications
- Programming in .NET
- Experience and/or knowledge in developing in Java Based infrastructures
- Experience in Agile Software Development Methodologies
Notes: Top secret clearance required
Armedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is dedicated to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.