Splunk Developer - Top Secret
Armedia is a technology company with 18 years of experience. We are a CMMI Level 3 systems integrator providing complete system development and integration technology expertise to government and commercial customers.
We are seeking a results-driven Splunk developer, with an understanding Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) operations and software. You should have experience in development methodologies and system support to provide the necessary services required for the various application monitoring scenarios. You will be responsible for devising or modifying procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written and designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs.
In this role, the individual will provide the following levels of support:
- Creating Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) content to monitor and detect potential security incidents across the enterprise.
- Responsible for SIEM content management, content creation, rule tuning, reporting and alert creation.
- Produces high-quality process documentation for monitoring and content creation tasks.
- Leverages knowledge of monitoring, analyzing, detecting, and responding to cyber events and incidents to develop and implement monitoring and alerting for information systems and networks.
- Leads collaboration sessions for security monitoring use case identification and scoping with partners in the cyber security tower and other business units
Required (minimum) Education:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
Desired (optimum) Education:
- Master’s Degree in Computer science, information systems or related field
Desired (optimum) Professional Certifications:
- CISSP or similar security certification
- SIEM, GDPR or other security policies
Required (minimum) Years of Relevant Experience:
- Four (4) or more years of relevant technology experience
- Experience with the Department of Treasury a plus
Desired (optimum) Years of Relevant Experience:
- Six (6) Years of Relevant Experience
- Full understanding of SIEM
- Experience in Agile Software Development Methodologies
Notes: Top secret clearance required
Armedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is dedicated to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.