APCO Worldwide is an independent and majority women-owned business with over 30 offices in major business, financial, political, and media capitals throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia Pacific regions. Interns at the Tokyo office work as an integral part of our team on client projects that span multiple industries. The Tokyo office‘s multicultural working environment provides students with the opportunity to analyze industries and markets from political, economic, and social angles, as well as improve their language abilities. Students will be exposed to public affairs and public relations work and given insight into media relations in Japan.
Interns at APCO’s Tokyo office will be responsible for supporting consultants on various existing and upcoming projects. Specific responsibilities may include the following:
- Online research and reports on media, markets, stakeholders, and policies
- Translation (written Japanese to English and vice versa)
- Drafting presentation materials
- Database development (researching relevant media contacts and compiling lists for various industries and accounts)
- Call-ups including pitches
- Event coordination support
- Miscellaneous admin tasks
We are looking for:
- Fluent or business level English and Japanese
*For reference, candidates’ Japanese ability should be at least N1 level. Those who have taken the TOEFL should be scoring 100 or above. The recruitment process will include interviews and writing assignments in both Japanese and English.
- Ability to work well with others in a team and independently
- Ability to organize, multitask, and adhere to deadlines
- Proactive approach and eagerness to learn
- Eligibility to live and work in Japan (APCO will not sponsor visas for interns)
Please include your availability in your cover letter (time period and number of days available per week).