Associate Director, Health Media
APCO Worldwide, a global public affairs and strategic communication consulting firm, is seeking an Associate Director to join our Heath team. We are open to all office locations.
Our team includes experienced health care experts with diverse backgrounds who, collectively, give the firm a comprehensive understanding of the issues, politics and players who shape health policy. APCO and its professionals have played leading roles in virtually every major health care issue considered over the past few decades and our clients have included leading pharmaceutical manufacturers, provider societies, trade associations, health insurers, pharmacy benefit managers and medical device makers.
What we bring you: One of the best places to work and ranked the 2017 Public Affairs Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report, with smart, fun colleagues and opportunities to work with people around the country and across the globe. Amazing in-house opinion research, creative and resources as part of your team. The chance to work on some of the most interesting and challenging issues of the day for leading companies and associations. An opportunity to shine, succeed and chart your course based on what you bring to the table – not where you sit on the org chart.
- Develop and implement Communication strategies and work programs; Produce accurate written reports and other client materials that require little or no revisions;
- Manage all client work on a daily basis; initiate internal practice and client meetings and conference calls; serve as client contact for specific tasks or projects; identify and pursue ways to grow current client accounts; ensure that all project deadlines are met; conduct research and analyze issues that may impact client business
- Delegate and manage work of junior staff and follow–up on progress and completion; manage and conduct performance appraisals for designated staff; manage internal communications with project team and other staff; mentor junior staff
- Be responsible for local and regional new business development; closely monitor healthcare-relevant trends and business/government issues and opportunities
- Develop budget and track expenses against client budget; monitor expenses and costs charged to project accounts; ensure that client bills are accurate and timely, and manage vendor relationships and ensure payment of expenses
- Take an active role in the execution of the business plan for the office
Qualifications & Standards:
- Undergraduate degree in related field essential and postgraduate qualification desirable
- At least 6-8 years of relevant experience in a communications agency setting, consulting firm, corporation, industry association
- In-depth knowledge of health communications and campaigns; preferably in pharmaceutical, insurance, biotech, lifesciences industries
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed. APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.
APCO Worldwide, named "Public Affairs Agency of the Year" 2017 “Best Large Agency to Work For” 2013-2014 and one of the “Top Places to Work in PR” by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.