Project Assistant, Healthcare
We are looking for a Project Assistant / Assistant Account Executive with entry-level experience to work on a variety of corporate comms, B2B and public affairs accounts. The ideal candidate would have great writing skills, a strong interest in politics and current affairs, and preferably have worked with clients in key APCO sectors including healthcare and consumer goods.
Our 60+ strong team, based in Covent Garden, is at the heart of APCO Worldwide’s global network and a major hub for our work across Europe and beyond. We were named Corporate Consultancy of the Year, 2019, by the Holmes Report and International Consultancy of the Year, 2018 at the PRCA Awards; awarded EMEA Public Affairs Consultancy of the Year, 2018 and Best EMEA Network To Work For, 2019 by The Holmes Report; and listed in the 2019 Top 20 UK Healthcare Agencies by PRWeek.
Key Responsibilities would include:
- Supporting our client teams across a variety of Healthcare accounts from a broad range of industries
- Conducting research and monitoring projects
- Creating written content including press releases, viewpoint articles, blogs, award entries and social content
- Preparing first drafts of agendas, contact reports and activity reports, etc.
- Producing of media monitoring reports and media lists for clients
- Supporting client work and new business opportunities
- Keeping up to date with current trends and news related to APCO’s clients
The successful candidate will be/have:
- A relevant degree
- Previous experience gained in a public relations/communication environment (preferably agency)
- A genuine interest in current affairs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A good understanding of UK media, enthusiasm and commitment are essential
- An understanding of and interest in digital / social media
- A proactive and positive attitude and a desire to learn and develop on the job
We are recognised as one of the best agencies to work for in our industry, providing:
- The opportunity to work on a diverse range of domestic and international clients and projects with some of the industry’s best and brightest
- A collegial and collaborative working environment, where you will work closely with colleagues from offices around the world
- Significant opportunities to develop professionally, with extensive training and personal development programmes including a global exchange programme
- A competitive compensation and benefits package, including health & wellness benefits
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed. APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.