Account Executive/Supervisor, Corporate Communications and Media
We are looking for a dynamic communications professional with experience in corporate communications, media relations and issues management to help drive APCO’s business by maintaining and developing client relationships. The successful candidate will oversee tasks and workflow, prepare client-ready materials, manage junior staff/teams, and engage in new business opportunities. They will bring curiosity, critical thinking, empathy and excellent written/oral presentation skills, while demonstrating a proven track record in strategic communications, with at least 3-6 years of experience of managing projects within a consulting firm or role.
- Manages projects independently and leads day-to-day client communication and coordination
- Produces excellent written deliverables in English (business level), including client reports, proposals, and PowerPoint decks
- Actively follows current affairs and business news, and can effectively advise and consult for clients on corporate issues, while also leading on project execution
- Deep experience in research and analysis, issue-focused media relations, message and content development, and stakeholder engagement
- Maintains contacts with journalists and commentators from leading business and sector news media and platforms
- Effective at presenting to and working with clients and stakeholders within corporate, nonprofit and government organizations
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple projects/clients and sets high standards for client service
Note: this role will focus on corporate affairs and strategic communications.
- Strong consideration will be given to candidates with experience in health care, technology, financial services and consumer goods sectors.
- Additionally, preference will be given to candidates who have worked on issues management, media and digital engagement, and/or in communicating with diverse stakeholder geographically and demographically.
LEADERSHIP & TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Manages client teams of 1 - 3 colleagues
- Supports team members’ development, and offers mentoring
- Promotes a healthy work environment based on respect and support of colleagues
- Entrepreneurial and drives initiatives that recognize and reward staff efforts/achievements
- Encourages and values individual differences, diverse ideas and experiences
- Actively participates in new business pitches, contributing ideas and strategy
- Proposes innovative solutions and creative ideas for current and prospective clients
- Actively seeks opportunities for marketing APCO through thought leadership, networking, etc.
- Develops a network of professional contacts where s/he is identified as an expert on corporate and public affairs
QUALIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS:
- University degree or higher
- Minimum of 3-6 years relevant experience in a consulting firm, corporation, government organization, academic institution or diplomatic posting.
About APCO in New York
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many of the top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.