Administrative Assistant - Categoria Protetta
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication, stakeholder engagement, and business strategy firm, headquartered in Washington, D.C. with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
APCO helps clients anticipate what’s next and smartly manage reputational, communication and business opportunities and challenges that affect organizations, products, services or brands. Our diverse and hands-on global team of more than 700 experts comes from the environments clients need to reach, from former elected leaders, journalists, and ambassadors to government officials and business executives.
APCO was named the 2017 Best EMEA Network to Work for by the Holmes Report, and have received numerous awards and accolades for both our campaigns and our excellent performance as a company.
- Ensure reception/switchboard is covered always during office hours and work in partnership with the other members of the admin team.
- Provide general facilities management support and ensure all meeting room technology, printers, photocopiers, TVs and other equipment are kept in good working order.
- Support both external and internal client needs with general office admin tasks including printing, binding, photocopying, booking couriers, taxis etc.
- Arrange travel including booking flights, transfers, accommodation and visas in accordance with company’s Travel Policy
- Set up of meetings/events, including meeting room technology, to ensure a smooth and professional environment for all visitors, external and internal clients
- Deliver a great customer service experience and act in a professional and understanding manner when liaising with external and internal clients in person, on the phone or via email
- Manage and efficiently progress any duties assigned
- Demonstrate the ability to follow policies and procedures clearly and the forethought to highlight necessary amendments, ensuring documentation is up to date
- Provide secretariat and administrative support for some external clients including website and email management, invoicing, data entry and mail merges
- Distribute post/ franking outgoing mail
- Provide and order refreshments for meetings and events
- Order office supplies and delivery stacking
- Provide APCO client secretariat support
- Any other tasks as deemed reasonable
We are looking for an individual who thrives in a fast-moving customer orientated environment, putting the needs of their clients (both external and internal) at the forefront of their mind - a confident communicator and an individual with a natural ability to build a friendly, yet professional rapport.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English and Italian is a must
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Enthusiastic, positive and flexible attitude with a 'can do’ approach.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
Qualifications & Requirements
- Educated to college equivalent in a relevant subject desirable
- Customer Service qualification would be desirable
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed. APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.