We are currently seeking an IT Associate to be responsible for ensuring a smooth operational computing environment through proactive engagement with staff as issues or problems arise. They will be a part of the global team providing enterprise level support and to colleagues across the global network on desktop and mobile computing and networking related issues.
- Provide attentive, timely help desk support for regional and global users via phone and the help desk ticketing system
- Perform hands on support, both preventative and remedial, for all computer systems, mobile devices, applications, peripherals or other technologies as required
- Facilitate the imaging (using the latest APCO corporate image), deployment and set up of computers (PC and Mac) and peripherals.
- Provide audio / video support as required to support both staff and clients in their meeting and/or conferencing needs
- Engage service providers and vendors in logging support or service tickets as required or assigned by the Help Desk Manager or Network Engineers
- Perform network maintenance as assigned under the guidance of the Network Engineers
- Maintain accurate inventory of IT Equipment (laptops, peripherals) loaner pool and media equipment.
- Participate in projects to improve service provision, performance or to resolve an ongoing requirement.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- BA/BS or Technical degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS or related field is highly desirable
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with busy staff at all levels.
- Highly skilled in troubleshooting, research, analysis and critical thinking
- Solid knowledge of the following technologies:
- Windows 10, Active Directory, Office365/Office, Exchange, and OS X
- PC and Mac Computer hardware and peripherals.
- Email and VOIP technologies.
- Networking technologies: Wireless, switches, routers, firewalls etc.
- Network troubleshooting techniques, tools and utilities.
- Collaborative team player also able to work independently, take initiative and prioritize issues.
- COMPTIA A+ and/or Network+, Microsoft certification (MTA, MCP, MCITP, MCSE) highly desirable.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs on occasion.
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named “Best Large Agency to Work For” 2013-2014 and one of the “Top Places to Work in PR” by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.EOE M/F/V/D