Consultant, Communications & PR
We have an immediate opportunity for a Consultant (Senior Account Executive) to join our growing Seattle, WA office.
By joining our Seattle team, you will have the opportunity to work alongside colleagues who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious. Clients come to us to help solve challenging problems, spark new ideas, launch campaigns, and connect with others. We believe in the power of communication to affect change and we are excited by purposeful work.
As a Consultant, you will lead project work and collaborate closely with colleagues at all levels in writing, media relations, and creative problem-solving. You’ll have the opportunity to work across disciplines, including corporate communication, crisis and issues, media relations, stakeholder engagement, and digital/social media. And you could work with clients in tech, healthcare, financial, energy and nonprofit sectors.
- Supports and implements a wide range of strategic communications campaigns and workstreams with minimal supervision
- Produces and edits exceptional, high-quality written deliverables, such as such as press materials, messaging toolkits, social media strategies, and advocacy communications, often under tight deadlines
- Provides proactive counsel to clients and provides the highest level of client service through proactive account management
- Successfully manages project teams and staff to maintain and grow client relationships
- Leads media efforts, including cultivating relationships with media, drafting strategies, organizing press conferences, and more
- Drives and supports business development activities, including drafting of written proposals, developing new business presentations and participating in pitch presentations
- Integrates digital and social media tactics with overall communications strategy and construct traditional and digital measurement deliverables upon request
- At least 5 years of PR / strategic communications, public affairs or media experience – agency experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Exceptional writing and analytical skills, and the ability to write strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Solid project management experience and a proven ability to manage multiple projects and/or client initiatives Previous experience developing and supporting strategic communications plans
- Strong presentation skills including briefing clients and/or colleagues
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communications, stakeholder engagement and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.